Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad thing is there will be some taigs that are actually happy that a child may have been abused at Rangers.

If this is true then it needs addressed with a full and proper investigation. That said, it's the BBC reporting this and I'll take it with a pinch of salt until everything comes to light. 

We stated a while back that this was reported to the police at the time, so I have doubts to the truth of this story. The BBC are having a great time kicking us now but when the truth comes out that this was indeed reported to the police will that get the same coverage? I doubt it

The club did the right thing at the time and sacked him. If we haven't reported it to the police then we should have at the time, but so should the parents of the lad. The worse thing we're guilty of is covering up why an employee was sacked and at no point did we knowingly employ child abusers. The police said they couldn't find a record of a report made by Rangers but that doesn't mean we didn't report it. If it's proven that we didn't report it then issue a sincere apology. The BBC have made a mountain out of a molehill and even a lot of our own have fallen for it. Remember, the BBC were warned about Jimmy Saville decades ago and did nothing which enabled him to carry out hundreds of sexual offences against children which they could have prevented. I don't think they're in any position to report about cover ups.

They’ve literally used the original story but put cover-up in the headline. 

That is quite amazing. High time the club nailed these bastards in court and took legal action against them. 

Hibs knew about Neely, didn’t tell Rangers. 

Rangers hired him, found out what he’d done to the kid and publicly sacked him. 

No really sure what the issue is here

43 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The BBC web site article about Gordon Neely alleges that RFC covered up his abuse.   Now let me say at the outset that such abuse is disgusting and the perpetrators should be punished  in a way far more severe than is currently legal.     However, the way the BBC has reported this is deliberately trying to show up the Club in a bad light.  When you read the actual story the truth is considerably different to the headlines.     A youngster alleged abuse by Neely and Rangers sacked him immediately.   Rangers had no prior knowledge of Neely's behaviour but sacked him anyway.   If the boy and his parents weren't happy at that outcome then why didn't they take it further at the time?     

This is correct, however I think the story has been written due to the fact we never acknowledged why he was sacked in a piece in the “Rangers News”.

We acknowledged he left the club and wished him all the best thanking him for his services. 

instead of acknowledging he was sacked for abuse. 

I think that’s the story 

1 minute ago, Willis said:

The sad thing is there will be some taigs that are actually happy that a child may have been abused at Rangers.

If this is true then it needs addressed with a full and proper investigation. That said, it's the BBC reporting this and I'll take it with a pinch of salt until everything comes to light. 

We stated a while back that this was reported to the police at the time, so I have doubts to the truth of this story. The BBC are having a great time kicking us now but when the truth comes out that this was indeed reported to the police will that get the same coverage? I doubt it

Mate the police can't even keep evidence of crimes committed in the last 3 years safe what chance is there of proof, that likely amounts to some scribbled details in a coppers notebook, that we reported it?

The BBC know exactly what they are doing here. They know the records are probably lost, scant as they were, and they know that means they can insinuate we never reported it and it can't be proven whether we did or didn't.

3 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

The club did the right thing at the time and sacked him. If we haven't reported it to the police then we should have at the time, but so should the parents of the lad. The worse thing we're guilty of is covering up why an employee was sacked and at no point did we knowingly employ child abusers. The police said they couldn't find a record of a report made by Rangers but that doesn't mean we didn't report it. If it's proven that we didn't report it then issue a sincere apology. The BBC have made a mountain out of a molehill and even a lot of our own have fallen for it. Remember, the BBC were warned about Jimmy Saville decades ago and did nothing which enabled him to carry out hundreds of sexual offences against children which they could have prevented. I don't think they're in any position to report about cover ups.

Nah mate lets not sugar coat the Saville stuff. They didn't just ignore the warnings they went out of their way to ruin the careers and blacklist people who made the allegations.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Mate the police can't even keep evidence of crimes committed in the last 3 years safe what chance is there of proof, that likely amounts to some scribbled details in a coppers notebook, that we reported it?

The BBC know exactly what they are doing here. They know the records are probably lost, scant as they were, and they know that means they can insinuate we never reported it and it can't be proven whether we did or didn't.

Nail on the head 👍

The club have said they reported it the BBC are claiming we are lying, time for the lawyers on this one. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This is correct, however I think the story has been written due to the fact we never acknowledged why he was sacked in a piece in the “Rangers News”.

We acknowledged he left the club and wished him all the best thanking him for his services. 

instead of acknowledging he was sacked for abuse. 

I think that’s the story 

He was sacked for being accused of abuse. If we'd printed that he was sacked for abuse and it turned out to be a false allegation Neely would have sued us and we'd have been paying for the retirement of a man who it turns out, all these years later, was a serial abuser.

Wait a minute here. 

We’re to believe the righteous polis don’t have a record of it? 

They’v a history of losing Rangers related evidence, isn’t that a surprise. 

Hopefully we wrote a letter as well as a phone call. 

This is a stitch up of the highest order to make sure we’re involved in an investigation along with the tarriers, clear as day

Fuckin unbelievable that vermin are running with this as their headline news. When you think whats gone on over at their clubs ground for decades and the coverups that went with it and they done fuck all but deflect anything that would effect that scum. It just shows whats going on at that company .

Theres a few on this thread need to have a long hard think as well.........

Horrible stuff from the BBC.

The reality is there will be fuck all record either way about the report knowing the way the police operate.

Rangers News article does us no favours, but is hardly evidence of a cover up. 

We need to come out all guns blazing here. The fact the boys father is a police officer needs to be made clear too. 

I'll also note for the record that no-one is denying that this man did at least one thing during his time at Rangers that was a sackable, and likely criminal, offense.

It happened. The club acted. Are we as Rangers supporters now at the point where we're allowing ourselves to be whipped up to such hysterical levels that the word of Walter Smith, Souness and Alistair Hood is no longer good enough?

Shaky fucking ground boys. Shaky shaky ground.

48 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

2 years ago our club said we reported it to the police immediately. Now it has come to light we may not have and instead we gave him a nice send off in our official club magazine. The BBC are definitely making the most of it given the relationship between us but I think it warrants an investigation and as a fan I absolutely expect our club to do the right thing here and investigate this thoroughly. If we didnt report it to the police why did we say we did?

No. It's Rangers related. There's absolutely no reason to discuss them and their disgusting cover up at the same time as our own alleged one. 

Has your friend just admitted they abused children and covered it up? Wow.

We allowed him to go into private coaching, that’s fuckin abysmal.

1 minute ago, EverestGers said:

Pay the guy a million pounds regardless of our innocence and set a precedent for the poor victims of bheast FC, bankrupt the peedo cunts

Aye that’s what we’ll do pay out a million quid for the sake of which in effect makes us guilty ya crackpot.

Archived