Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

2 minutes ago, EverestGers said:

Pay the guy a million pounds regardless of our innocence and set a precedent for the poor victims of bheast FC, bankrupt the peedo cunts

Why? It's a rehash story with the word "cover up" and "Rangers" we've never denied that this fucking creep was employed by Rangers and sacked when we found out about what happened at hibs

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

We allowed him to go into private coaching, that’s fuckin abysmal.

Please regale us with your view on how Rangers, a football club, could have any control over what a private citizen did or did not do in their private lives?

We allowed him. Aye because we're the establishment. Its the police, the government, The Crown, God then Rangers at the top init.

Fuck me gently.

Investigate it. We're not the Bheasts from the East. We took adequate action at the time, what the dirty bastard does when he's released from the club is out of our control. 

I hope we did the right thing and called the police, but if we didn't then we hang out heads in shame.

6 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

He was sacked for being accused of abuse. If we'd printed that he was sacked for abuse and it turned out to be a false allegation Neely would have sued us and we'd have been paying for the retirement of a man who it turns out, all these years later, was a serial abuser.

Not saying it’s right or wrong 

im just stating the bbc report are asking questions as to why, in the Rangers News, we never acknowledged the reason behind his sacking. 

it may have been better to not wish him well and just say he’s left the club  end of.  

Perhaps the family when they met with Souness asked that he was sacked and we followed through with their wishes. 

who knows 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Not saying it’s right or wrong 

im just stating the bbc report are asking questions as to why, in the Rangers News, we never acknowledged the reason behind his sacking. 

it may have been better to not wish him well and just say he’s left the club  end of.  

Perhaps the family when they met with Souness asked that he was sacked and we followed through with their wishes. 

who knows 

He was sacked and three of the most reputable people who've ever been in positions of power at our club have stated they reported it to the police. A bog standard cheerio in the Rangers News is the least of our issues.

I've not read the rest of this thread so may be repeating what others have said but my take on this is that if we've covered it up it's disgraceful. What I do note though is that the police advise they have no record of a report. Outside of the absolute most serious offences i.e. a unsolved rape or murder is it likely they would still hold records whether it was reported or not though? Instinctively I wouldn't expect them to hold records from back then given it was likely still mostly paper records and if that is the case then it's important that they have advised they don't have a record of a report, not that Rangers did not make a report. I think it would be helpful if the police clarified the state of their records from that time. Further the Rangers News article is not good but I'm not sure what else I would expect given the guy hadn't been convicted of anything it would be risky (and probably not appropriate) to have given the reasons for him leaving. What would have been far more appropriate in the circumstances though would have been to simply state that he had departed from the club and offered no wishes at all.

Just now, Spectre said:

I've not read the rest of this thread so may be repeating what others have said but my take on this is that if we've covered it up it's disgraceful. What I do note though is that the police advise they have no record of a report. Outside of the absolute most serious offences i.e. a unsolved rape or murder is it likely they would still hold records whether it was reported or not though? Instinctively I wouldn't expect them to hold records from back then given it was likely still mostly paper records and if that is the case then it's important that they have advised they don't have a record of a report, not that Rangers did not make a report. I think it would be helpful if the police clarified the state of their records from that time. Further the Rangers News article is not good but I'm not sure what else I would expect given the guy hadn't been convicted of anything it would be risky (and probably not appropriate) to have given the reasons for him leaving. What would have been far more appropriate in the circumstances though would have been to simply state that he had departed from the club and offered no wishes at all.

No they haven't said they have no record of the report, they've stated very clearly that it would be highly unlikely that any report from so far back would still exist. That's not the same as "there was no report".

I can't find my old house keys it doesn't mean I never had them.

Just a note btw. The BBC report that's linked by Daly says we covered up the reason for his departure. There's no suggestion that we covered up abuse in any way shape or form, but there's an implied cover up within the story.

The club needs to be robust with this and come out with facts only. No suggestions, just clear and hard facts. It's very possible that when we reported the crime it was never logged or that the information has been lost, but we need some sort of statement.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

No they haven't said they have no record of the report, they've stated very clearly that it would be highly unlikely that any report from so far back would still exist. That's not the same as "there was no report".

I can't find my old house keys it doesn't mean I never had them.

The fact that they're acting like its suspicious that a report from that long ago has gone missing shows they're clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to blacken our name. They're fucking shameless. And they have the cheek to accuse us of point scoring

2 simple questions  Daly  could have asked the guy, but they go against the bbc narrative against us

1. Why wait 20 odd years(and after he died to report him)  money obviously!

2. As you were underage at the time , why didn't your parents go to the police?

the Bbc and that bastard Daly are rotten to the core

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

2 simple questions  Daly  could have asked the guy, but they go against the bbc narrative against us

1. Why wait 20 odd years(and after he died to report him)  money obviously!

2. As you were underage at the time , why didn't your parents go to the police?

the Bbc and that bastard Daly are rotten to the core

Exactly, his dad was a policeman Ffs.

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

The fact that they're acting like its suspicious that a report from that long ago has gone missing shows they're clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to blacken our name. They're fucking shameless. And they have the cheek to accuse us of point scoring

It wouldn't even have amounted to a report tbh. The coppers who spoke to Rangers, as the complainants, would have taken notes then they would have got in touch with the boys parents and taken notes when speaking to them. It seems to me that his parents didn't want it taken forward so the coppers notes from those 2 meetings would have been the report and would most likely have been binned once said copper got a new notebook. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not sure what your angle is here. No fucking paedo bastard should ever have had ANY sort of send off in ANY club publication ffs. 

Exactly. 

EDIT:  NVM, Didn't realise he had actually been found guilty.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Cunts expecting us to say we sacked an alleged peado in the Rangers News is peak RM. 

That’s not what anyone here is saying IMO. We are saying we should NOT have wished him all the best in a club publication knowing what he did.

Archived