Sign in to follow this  
Virtuoso

Press Conference : Gerrard and Katic

2 hours ago, euanRFC said:

I swear I can hear flutes in the background just at the Liverpool question. Gerrard looks to his right and gives a smile 

That was what I first thought of too . That or someone whistling party tunes . 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

If he wasn't happy, he wouldn't sign it

He just doesn't seem happy and doesn't seem particularly enthusiastic about it all. Maybe just doesn't like media duties, fuck knows... 

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

For a young man who just got a contract extension, he didn't seem too happy. Next person who is on the wrong end of a 50-50 tackle is gonna remember it.

I thought that as well, but I think he's written down some prepared answers and was continually looking down at something! Willing to bet he's like a kid at christmas away from the cameras! 

6 hours ago, chris182 said:

Katic looks like he's reading off a script? Poor guy 😂

I just said as much....keep up! 😉 He speaks well, but I think he's wise to keep to a script

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

He just doesn't seem happy and doesn't seem particularly enthusiastic about it all. Maybe just doesn't like media duties, fuck knows... 

He's reading from something mate, sure of it. He's continually looking down after a few words, which makes it look like he's unhappy. 

MisterC likes this

IMO Katic just sounds unemotional or shy when he talks, I actually think he's speaking from the heart.

Either way this resonated with me:

"How much do you feel you have improved since joining Rangers?"

"Yeah a lot. On and off the pitch. become a better player, better person. Mentally more strong."

56 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

He's reading from something mate, sure of it. He's continually looking down after a few words, which makes it look like he's unhappy. 

Fair dos mate, maybe not so confident with media. Just me reading more into this than necessary :lol:

Blueteeth and LegendofCoop like this

7 hours ago, MisterC said:

Fair dos mate, maybe not so confident with media. Just me reading more into this than necessary :lol:

I  think so mate, remember he's not just young but hes from a different culture as well as handling an untrustworthy media in a different country speaking not his first language fpr an employer which gets millions of social media hits a day.

I went to Lithuania with the wife a year back and asked her why everyone looked unhappy and grim, she said it's just not in the culture to smile. She also said if you go about smiling at people and being courteous like in we normally do in the UK they'll think you're mad.

I finally understood when I opened a door open for a woman at Vilnius bus station, and as I tried to follow after her another woman barged in front of me before I could get through the door. What a cunt.

Ozblue, MisterC and RockwellGers like this

23 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

"Hearts don't lift there game because it Rangers . They have commitment in every game"

"The sheep raise their game for games versus Rangers "...........................:p:   In other words .....................................................................

19 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Questions about England and Liverpool, who gives a fuck. 

2 weeks without a Rangers game and we've to put up with shite like this. 

Got to admire the gaffers love for "his club"  though and not giving it sycophantic shite that many other professionals give