This formation

RangersMedia

Its the players picked thats the issue. Arfield aint a forward 3 player. Should be kent and stewart up with buff. Stewart is better in every attacking department tjan arfield. Gerrards too negative in the spfl and wants arfield as he helps the midfield. 

I also don't think our fullbacks are good enough at attacking for this system to work. Barasic is decent at defending, but is ok - not great going forward. Tav was good at going forward last season, but this season has been poor and his defending is poor. You need to have two very mobile fit fullbacks who are both good at defending and attacking, we don't have that.

So we're left with a compact and weak midfield to be creative, and they weren't today. We missed ryan jack because he's the only one with a bit of dig.

I don't think too many people questioned the line up at the start of the match.... we have 3 players that are not cutting it this season, Tav, Arfield and Kamara..... I would add Goldson as well but he was okay today...

Davis i see as a deep lying playmaker more than a Defensive Midfielder. I don't expect him to be throwing himself into tackles at his age, thats why he needs Ryan Jack in there beside him. 

I don't know enough about Andy King but if we weren't going to play him why did we sign him, for sure Docherty is not the player we would like but surely when there are players off form then the manager has to give others the chance 

Arfield was on the back of a big international week and he has been poor this season. Play Stewart who was fresh. Kamara was man of the match for Finland but he has been poor for us, give Docherty or King a chance, Tav has been dugshite all season, give Polster a chance

I don't think its our system, i thin its our players and their undroppability 

Disagree. The formation works well against the teams in Europe who are significantly better than the SPFL dross. 

The formation does not work against the teams in the SPFL who are hammer throwers or teams who sit with 10 men behind the ball. 

The problem today, however, was Aribo going hiding and Kamara/Davis sitting back against the second bottom team in the league. Lack of quality in the wide positions - Ojo a waste of a jersey and Arfield never a winger.

There’s no overload out wide for a start.

Pushing the full backs up so high and playing the front three narrowly also means there’s no space in the middle of the park in attacking positions. It’s compounded against teams that sit in against us. Not sure how many times I’ve said it on here now.

The covering for Tav by the midfielder on the right of the three distorts our shape too and means an unnecessary amount of running for someone.

We need to play either Davis or Kamara. Not both. Kamara is awful when he plays in front of the sitting midfielder as he is someone who needs to play facing goal. Otherwise it’s five yards back every time he receives it.

It's not so much the formation but the complete shitebags he then picks.  Far too many want time on the ball in games like these to look good, they don't get it here.  Lack a leader or someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward.  Times gone by that's players like Souness, Gascoigne, B. Ferguson, Ricksen, etc. A class above what we have but liked by us all because of that desire to succeed, we don't have that in the middle of the park or wearing the armband. 

Archived