This formation

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Like Candeias

I was content at getting rid of Candeias, we needed someone better but we didn’t replace him at all and that’s where the problem lies 

Hopefully when Jones is back we can have him and Kent playing wide 

17 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Aribo should be playing at the top of the midfield 3 with Jack and Davis/Kamara behind and an actual wide player not Arfield on the right 

You’re talking about switching it from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.  This needs to happen at times.  Especially when we’re chasing a goal.  Draws killed off our title hopes last season we NEED to win games.  Gerrard needs to show a bit more balls at times and throw more bodies forward.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

You’re talking about switching it from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.  This needs to happen at times.  Especially when we’re chasing a goal.  Draws killed off our title hopes last season we NEED to win games.  Gerrard needs to show a bit more balls at times and throw more bodies forward.

I wouldn’t even say we’re playing 4-3-3 right now as Arfield isn’t really playing on the right wing at all so we’ve got this weird disjointed formation that you couldn’t really explain in numbers like that where Tav is covering the full right side meaning a midfielder (Jack or Kamara) has to drop in and cover and you’ve got zero creativity. If we’re going to play that way I do wonder if it would be better moving the wide player to the right as all Ojo seems to do is get in Borna’s way 

Arfield can’t create and Ojo is useless so on a day like today that leaves you back to last seasons tactics of give the ball to Morelos and hope for the best when your midfield 3 are sitting so deep 

This front three never look like scoring but he keeps playing them

That is a definition of madness doing the same thing and expecting different results

I think we miss Arfield.s graft in the middle as well 

Archived