Still waiting Joe

Essandoh

Aribo done very well against a Brazil team full of world class players.  He’s scored 6 goals this seas (4 for us and 2 for Nigeria).  Could easily finish the season with 10-15 goals from our midfield and that’s more than acceptable.  He’s very good at winning the ball back too.

I won’t judge him on his Old Firm performance as he was played badly out of position.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Aribo, cant go Ojo. But I think both are similar in that they're more effective at Ibrox against defensive minded teams than away at the like of the scum, sheep or tynecastle. Dont think theyve been brought up to fight for jerseys and win individual battles. Theres a lack of the grit that's required for the game here, though no doubting Aribo has skill.

Just now, TMB said:

Aribo done very well against a Brazil team full of world class players.  He’s scored 6 goals this seas (4 for us and 2 for Nigeria).  Could easily finish the season with 10-15 goals from our midfield and that’s more than acceptable.  He’s very good at winning the ball back too.

I won’t judge him on his Old Firm performance as he was played badly out of position.

If Nigeria win do we get 3 points?

Just to confirm, second half we asked our big money signing, who was signed to provide more creativity and goals from midfield, to help deal with Ikpeazu at Hearts goal kicks and kick outs.

Over 20k a week and we’re asking him to play like Glen Kamara.

If you're docherty or Mccrorie you must be looking at that display from kamara and aribo and wondering where their careers are heading.  Surely Docherty will be chapping Gerrards door and asking a few questions after that today. 

I'm not for a second saying docherty is any better than these 2 but you must fancy yourself to make more of an impact in the game than they 2 are showing. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I like Aribo, cant go Ojo. But I think both are similar in that they're more effective at Ibrox against defensive minded teams than away at the like of the scum, sheep or tynecastle. Dont think theyve been brought up to fight for jerseys and win individual battles. Theres a lack of the grit that's required for the game here, though no doubting Aribo has skill.

I think they're both used to having time on the ball which we don't get up here . It's something they're going to have to face up to and adapt . 

5 minutes ago, Henders82 said:

I don't think very much happened in the centre of the pitch...... long ball after long ball

It was a long ball game but any 2nd balls we were getting beat to it and bullied. Aribo and kamara in possession were terrible and only Davis seemed composed on it. 

11 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

A ten played in a 6. Needs to play further forward 

Problem is that when Arfield is played wide he stills plays as a 10. Gerrard needs to pick between Arfield and aribo and stick with whoever he rates higher and then play 2 wide men. 

11 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If Nigeria win do we get 3 points?

His form with Nigeria is an indicator of his ability.  If he can do it against that level of opposition, he can do it in the SPFL.  He’s a young guy who is just making the transition to Scottish football and is now playing for a massive club.  Maybe he’ll be inconsistent and take time to settle down like Barisic did.  But, there’s clearly a player there.

I'd like to hear from management exactly what his role/position is in the team before criticizing him,I was under the impression that he was brought into the club as a creator who does his best work in the forward 3rd of the park but up until now I haven't seen it, sure he has had a couple of flashes as has Ojo, but that's not enough if you want to play for The Rangers you have to produce on a regular basis, which is why I'd love to know from Gerrard why is he constantly picking balls up from deep positions and taking a few touches allowing the opposition defenders time to get back into position instead of releasing a quick forward pass, is that the instructions he's receiving from management and if so why? if not then questions need to once again be asked  why is he doing it and crowding the base of the midfield.

37 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I think they're both used to having time on the ball which we don't get up here . It's something they're going to have to face up to and adapt . 

There were times though today that Ojo in particular did have time, he then slowed it down long enough to then get tackled and lose possession. Hes never the most contributing in games, but if hes not getting a goal or assist he offers us absolutely fuck all ie his abysmal performance today.

He’s the only creative player in our midfield 3 today and he was asked to cover at LB whilst Barisic went forward can’t sacrifice your only forward thinking midfielder like that and with Ojo in front can’t trust him to go back and cover/help out. 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There were times though today that Ojo in particular did have time, he then slowed it down long enough to then get tackled and lose possession. Hes never the most contributing in games, but if hes not getting a goal or assist he offers us absolutely fuck all ie his abysmal performance today.

Ojo is like playing with 10 men. 

51 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I was accused of 'looking silly' when I said I didn't see it with him in the thread at the start of the season.  I still don't and don't feel particularly silly either. 

Ejaria part2.  Sick of Gerrard thinking players like that will make it up here, it's a terrible indictment of our game but you need a bit of dig with your quality and Aribo is too soft,  will not be a long term success and we will not make the huge profit the fanboys think we will. 

Exactly. Very first lesson about fitba in Scotland should be if you’re not up for a battle then you have no business playing here. Seems like too many in our squad haven’t wrapped their heids around that.

Archived