Still waiting Joe

Essandoh

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He will come good.  Showed some great signs early on here.  Lost the ball a lot today though.

I believe this as well. I do not compare him to Ejaria, he is far more skilled with more bottle than people give him credit for. However, he is under performing right now, especially today.

36 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We really need to drop this "should be a number 10" stuff sassa, we do it with literally every winger we have lol

Just do yer job as a winger amd if ye can't,  then fuck aff.

He’s not a winger mate.

He is a creative midfielder and it looks to me that we are short changing him and restricting him by playing him too deep.

Quite good on first impressions.. said it since end July ojo and aribo are not starting 11 players for any Rangers team that aims to win league titles too physical and fast...

Ojo came on today as per his contract appearance... and actually ran about and tackled??

Did anyone see this

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Quite good on first impressions.. said it since end July ojo and aribo are not starting 11 players for any Rangers team that aims to win league titles too physical and fast...

Ojo came on today as per his contract appearance... and actually ran about and tackled??

Did anyone see this

Ojo worked when he came on he had too as Barker seems to be getting the nod ahead of him Kent was poor today I thought bar one great run as well.

Aribo is a good technical player but he’s either holding back out of choice or being told to. 9 times out of 10 he played a safe pass today and he should be the one with quick one twos getting into pockets of space.

Central mid we have 2 out of the 3 positions sorted in Davis and jack but the last player isn’t quite right whether it’s arfield (should be him but he’s off form at the moment), kamara (started brightly last year and looked comfortable but now looks awkward and complacent on the ball) or Aribo.

It’s quite frustrating.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Managed a bit better in what way?

Only caught the highlights today so won't slate him but the one or 2 things I did see were him being lazy in the middle of the park in one of the biggest half arsed attempts you'll see and him fucking up a cross. 

In the sense that I think we need to pick and choose which games he plays in, almost like we did with Barasic, until he truly finds his feet and settles because he’s toiling in the quicker more physical games at the moment.

You can tell there’s a player in there just waiting to burst out of his shell but my god I’d love to know what’s stopping it, at times today it looked like he literally hid and avoided been available for the pass 

1 hour ago, the old guard said:

Prefer him on the offensive, sometimes think he plays to deep, with Davis, Jack and kamara we have enough sitting midfielders, he needs to start showing more in the next few weeks with the amount of games we have, jury's still out for me. 

We are relying on Alfredo/Defoe for all our goals.  The midfielders need to start weighing in and running beyond the striker at times.

We had same problem last season,  we get the odd goal from a winger or a centre half  at set piece but the midfield 3 arent contributing enough for me.

14 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

We are relying on Alfredo/Defoe for all our goals.  The midfielders need to start weighing in and running beyond the striker at times.

We had same problem last season,  we get the odd goal from a winger or a centre half  at set piece but the midfield 3 arent contributing enough for me.

Outside maybe Ojo, our wingers are not proficient goal scorers including our 7m man and that is a slight problem. Way too much emphasis  on Morelos, Defoe and penalty kicks.

31 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Having a proper CAM would allow the manager to go 4-2-3-1 at time’s which is more attacking than the 4-3-3.  Having a guy sitting in the hole between opposition midfield and defense supporting the striker works.  Them across the city have been using one for years.  At Ibrox when we’re trying to break teams down, or we’re chasing a goal, we could use a player like this.  I really think Gerrard is setting us up too defensively at times.

In Europe three sitting midfielders in front of the defense is fine but domestically we can afford to push a guy forward in to a more advanced position.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Did anyone see this

Him actually trying was a welcome change, he was still absolutely gash on the ball mind you 

Mind he was on the ball we were breaking 3 on 2 and I didn’t even think there was a slight chance we’d score then sure enough he made an arse of it 

Don’t really understand why we are so quick to condemn players to the rubbish pile. The boy has had a few good games earlier, culminating in his international selection. He has it in him and like others have said he will show us all again I’m sure. If there is any comparison with Ejaria it could well be homesick.

it wasn’t long ago folk said get rid of Morelos, hopeless etc, Davis wasn’t worth the risk and Barasic was woeful. Oh how things change.

9 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Him actually trying was a welcome change, he was still absolutely gash on the ball mind you 

Mind he was on the ball we were breaking 3 on 2 and I didn’t even think there was a slight chance we’d score then sure enough he made an arse of it 

I did, I hoped he’d eventually got his finger out and stood up at his run with the ball in great expectation 3 on 2, - only to quickly sit back down again, laughing like fuck at how pathetic that break ended up. 

I have to say one player who seems to escape all criticism just now is Ryan Jack. He does not do enough for me. To be a top midfielder you need to do more than pass is sideways and backwards. 

His shooting from distance is abysmal, he lacks a physical presence and also lacks pace.  If Davis is not playing Ryan Jack would be more exposed for the average player he is! 

Aribo I believe will come good for us. 

8 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

I have to say one player who seems to escape all criticism just now is Ryan Jack. He does not do enough for me. To be a top midfielder you need to do more than pass is sideways and backwards. 

His shooting from distance is abysmal, he lacks a physical presence and also lacks pace.  If Davis is not playing Ryan Jack would be more exposed for the average player he is! 

Bizarre criticism. Jack is the water carrier of our side, he is fantastic at it and his all round game is improving week after week. We are a far worse side when he isn’t in it.

18 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

Ryan Jack has been outstanding this year and hasn't put a foot wrong out with the ball he lost that led to Porto's goal.

It is clear as day we miss him when he isn't playing. See Hearts last week and also Motherwell yesterday.

Archived