Winning Mentality

The Godfather

5 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Dangerous game to play. Accepting a point at tynecastle and being happy being “level on points a quarter of a way through the season”, is absolute diddy club material.

I never said I accepted or was happy with it... I am merely pointing out that Tynecastle has and always will be a hard place for us and and the bheasts to go. 

We lost the OF through stupidly and bottle. Today we just never turned up.  Despite that we are still not behind. A loss would have changed that. 

By all means be disappointed today but don’t blame bottle of a team because it really wasn’t the case. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Everyone pishing themselves when tarriers dropped points at hibs and Livi but when we do it, it’s a tough away fixture.

Pathetic.

Away games this season..

Killie - last minute winner.

St Mirren - A wonder goal from Barisic

St Johstone - comfortable win after piss poor first half.

Today...

Far too many who are brilliant at Ibrox but go hiding away from home. It was the same last season. 

Be interesting to see were we are after next round of fixtures

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

I never said I accepted or was happy with it... I am merely pointing out that Tynecastle has and always will be a hard place for us and and the bheasts to go. 

We lost the OF through stupidly and bottle. Today we just never turned up.  Despite that we are still not behind. A loss would have changed that. 

By all means be disappointed today but don’t blame bottle of a team because it really wasn’t the case. 

A lot more arguments proving we are bottlers than we aren’t these days.

Just now, fanaticCR said:

A lot more arguments proving we are bottlers than we aren’t these days.

I can see your point entirely and i’d agree had we not qualified for Europe and still be in a title fight. 

If you think it’s bottle then fair enough. For me it was a bad day at the office and how we go from here will determine our bottle 👍

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

I can see your point entirely and i’d agree had we not qualified for Europe and still be in a title fight. 

If you think it’s bottle then fair enough. For me it was a bad day at the office and how we go from here will determine our bottle 👍

Hope I’m wrong mate obviously. League cup is massive now, we need to win that to show we can.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Away games this season..

Killie - last minute winner.

St Mirren - A wonder goal from Barisic

St Johstone - comfortable win after piss poor first half.

Today...

Far too many who are brilliant at Ibrox but go hiding away from home. It was the same last season. 

Be interesting to see were we are after next round of fixtures

Spot on. Away from home generally we have been mediocre. 

5 minutes ago, kanjo said:

It's the 3rd time in the last year we've dropped points after going top of the league. That's why I'm asking questions of the sides bottle.

In the past tynecastle has been tough. But this is a hearts side without a win at home since march and a massive injury list to boot. They looked more hungry today for the win than we did. 

We've got to improve massively on the road if we want the title. 

21 minutes ago, kanjo said:

:sarcasm:

Can I say I hate the International break like the rest of us..it rocks the boat momentum wise and the we get usually killie away or a tricky tie anyway figet it that horse has shat today so I move on.My main aim personally is we got to win a cup and stay with 2/3 points of them all season if we are to become  champions. Just hang onto their coat tails and them play like men possessed I'm the next derby.  I mean another win in Europe will breed confidence this is what I hope,but Glasgow Rangers is built on huge European fixtures and fighting on all fronts. Yes am disappointed  but things aren't all that bad guys once you take a step back. 

Frustrating to see the same thing happen as last season, finally going top then fucking it right away.

Despite that I don't think it's a mentality thing here. We were gash today and Hearts were quite good. We also have a few players that are not good enough, as has been widely opined in other threads.

Pissed off we didn't win but I don't think we have poor mentality.

I said before the game that today was all about mentality and unfortunately we didn’t perform under pressure. Look back at the amount of time’s the taigs got late goals last season and people on here called them lucky, yes there many have been some element of luck but in the main it was a sheer determination to win that comes from winning trophy’s and titles over the years, we as a team don’t have that and today was proof. Someone else spoke about the lack of urgency and I think that comes from too many players thinking a draw away from home is a decent result, that maybe true at a mid table team but at Rangers, or any team that wants to win titles and silverware that attitude is unacceptable.

Aberdeen at home after going top at Tynecastle; Killie away after going level and finally winning an old firm; and then barely turning up today. All of that without even mentioning our recent history in the cups. Can say Hearts away is a tough fixture and take the game in isolation all you want, but there’s a worrying pattern there for anyone with the eyes to see. 

There isn’t much between us and them anymore, but I just don’t have any confidence in us taking that last step.  Doesn’t feel like we’re ready to take it yet and win anything, let alone the title. 

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Shut up.

They’ve not won at home since March, beat off Killie  and Motherwell there recently, 2 points in 7 at home. So many injuries, a right back at centre back, a 17 year old left back at right back.

They’re pish and we bottled it.

All of the above is the very reasons I didn’t fancy us , just seems to be the way of it , old firm was being predicted to be a cake walk , they didn’t break sweat , bern had 475 players out , lost , it was a certainty today I thought , we’d drop points 

32 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Aberdeen at home after going top at Tynecastle; Killie away after going level and finally winning an old firm; and then barely turning up today. All of that without even mentioning our recent history in the cups. Can say Hearts away is a tough fixture and take the game in isolation all you want, but there’s a worrying pattern there for anyone with the eyes to see. 

There isn’t much between us and them anymore, but I just don’t have any confidence in us taking that last step.  Doesn’t feel like we’re ready to take it yet and win anything, let alone the title. 

Spot on.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ve not won at home since March, beat off Killie  and Motherwell there recently, 2 points in 7 at home. So many injuries, a right back at centre back, a 17 year old left back at right back.

They’re pish and we bottled it.

Still haven’t won yet

just saying

Archived