***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

201019_hearts_kent_on_pitch_01.jpg

STEVEN Gerrard has named four changes to his side for this evening’s UEFA Europa League clash at the magnificent O Dragao Stadium against FC Porto.

From the XI which was held to a draw by Hearts on Sunday, the manager brings Filip Helander, fit-again Ryan Jack, Brandon Barker and Ryan Jack into his side in place of Nikola Katic, Joe Aribo, Scott Arfield and Sheyi Ojo.

That means it’s a back five of Allan McGregor in goals, James Tavernier, Connor Goldson, Helander and Borna Barisic.

Jack joins Steven Davis and Glen Kamara in the middle of the park, while up front, Barker and Kent will support Alfredo Morelos.

There are places on the bench for each of Katic, Arfield, Aribo and Ojo alongside Wes Foderingham, Jon Flanagan and Jermain Defoe.

It’s a 5.55pm kick-off here in the beautiful city of Porto, with live audio commentary available on RangersTV. Join Tom Miller and Stevie Smith.

Rangers: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Jack, Davis, Kamara, Barker, Morelos, Kent.

SUBS: Foderingham, Katic, Flanagan, Arfield, Aribo, Ojo, Defoe.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King Jela said:

I’m a bit worried about playing 2 wingers who are literally just back from injury tbh. Knew Helander would start,  fine with me anyway, think he’s been superb in Europe. 

That is a concern I agree.

Archived