***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

I'm a bit surprised that barker comes in from the wilderness and starts yet Greg Stewart who was on a bit of form completely disappears from the squad.  I personally would've liked to see Stewart start as he's better on the ball and keeping hold of it will be key to getting something from this tie. 

I would've started Arfield in the middle instead of kamara but after Sundays performance it was probably a hard decision to make. 

Can't wait to see Morelos rag doll big pepe, that's going to be a great tussle. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Wouldn't have played barker or helander, hopefully prove me wrong

I think Ojo and Aribo main strengths are in the European games. But you have to say it looks an attacking side if we can get the ball moved quickly as both Kent and Barker are rapid they will have to try to get it to Morelos as quick as they can.

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm a bit surprised that barker comes in from the wilderness and starts yet Greg Stewart who was on a bit of form completely disappears from the squad.  I personally would've liked to see Stewart start as he's better on the ball and keeping hold of it will be key to getting something from this tie. 

I would've started Arfield in the middle instead of kamara but after Sundays performance it was probably a hard decision to make. 

I think he's not playing Stewart as he see's him more as a player who can unlock defensive sides.

Thankfully the manager isn’t oblivious to the poor recent form of both Arfield and Ojo. It’s a big night for Barker, much like Jones against midtjylland it’s a big test.

Wingers with pace and Kent with his work rate more than likely to be on the right to help Tav with the defensive work. It’s nights like these that Candeias on the right and Kent on the left would really work for us.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think he's not playing Stewart as he see's him more as a player who can unlock defensive sides.

Possibly, I just like his close control which could help keep the ball and barker is more of a kick the ball and sprint type of player.  Surprised he didn't make the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Stewart is too lightweight for what could be a torrid night but Barker is either a genius Cousin-type masterstroke or a complete fuck up.

I really hope Gerrard sees something in him that I’ve not seen yet.

No complaints with the rest of the team.  

Hope Jones is watching and thinking “my own stupid fault I’m not playing “

And I didn’t rate Pepe when I saw him at Ibrox all those years ago and I doubt he’s turned into Richard Gough since then. Morelos will have him for dinner.

:UK:

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not impressed with the exclusion of Katic and inclusion of Barker.

I think he's always going to play Helander in the European games Barker and even Kent's a risk given its a gamble on how fit they are.

Archived