***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

Can’t see anyway we get a draw never mind a win. 
We all know the serial fuck up will be playing, Goldson isn’t playing much better Katic is having a Groundhog Season after being dropped for no reason again   
The midfield isn’t firing without Jack and Ojo & Arfield are empty jerseys at the moment. 

2-0 Porto with a sad heart. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Porto we’re ranked #10 in Europe by UEFA at the start of the season.  They reached the Champions League quarter final last season.  They’re a very good side.

When it comes to the UEFA reaching the groups is enough.  Nobody expects us to reach the knockout rounds.  I’d like to see us just go for it and not sit in.  

Before the Hearts game I was confident we could get something, maybe even a win, now I’ll be surprised to take anything.

As others have said though, league is priority and Europe is just an added bonus.

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

Porto we’re ranked #10 in Europe by UEFA at the start of the season.  They reached the Champions League quarter final last season.  They’re a very good side.

With the UEFA reaching the groups is enough to get to the knockouts is something nobody expects.  I’d like to see us go for it and not sit in again.  

That will quickly change. They look nowhere near as good as last season.

mind you only seen them play Gil and feyenoord. Really fancy us to do them at home.

They got beaten at home by Krasnodar in the champions league qualifying who in turn also ended up in the EL and have been gubbed 5 nil by Basel away and beaten 2-1 by Getafe in Russia. Based upon form in Europe this season Porto look a different beast since last year.

A lot of our results in Europe last season surprised me so not writing this off.....could easily sneak a draw or even a win as we seem more suited to European football sometimes rather than 10 behind the ball SPL.

Will be happy with a point at this stage but we shouldn't play for one.  A win would put us in a great position to qualify. 

BTW,  for those talking about UEFA club ratings etc etc I'd rather look at the betting markets (Skybet).  Porto are 28/1 to win the cup (joint 6th favourites) and we are 80/1, as we were before the YB game. Getting something on Thursday will be a good result. 

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Irrelevant doesn't even cover my opinions on Europe. We made the group's that was the goal. Give the young lads a runout and get our shit together for Motherwell on Sunday. Massive 

I think irrelevant is the perfect word to cover your opinions.

33 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Irrelevant doesn't even cover my opinions on Europe. We made the group's that was the goal. Give the young lads a runout and get our shit together for Motherwell on Sunday. Massive game

I agree it doesn’t mean a lot now, we’re never winning the Europa and our aim was the group stages and the money that comes with it. I wouldn’t play a youth team mind you, but players deserve to be dropped. 

44 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Irrelevant doesn't even cover my opinions on Europe. We made the group's that was the goal. Give the young lads a runout and get our shit together for Motherwell on Sunday. Massive game

We can’t really give the young lads a run out if they’re not in the squad 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I think we will have a better chance in this game if Gerrard finds his baws and actually goes out to play for a win rather than a Draw.

I won't hold my breath mate Gerrard strikes me as the kind of manager that sets us up to contain the opposition rather than go after them from the off well away from home in Europe anyway.

Archived