***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This type of game should suit us as others have alluded to. Will be disapointed if we sit in too much as that is just inviting trouble.

Play our high press game and we'll cause them problems. They are a decent side but not as good as being made out.

Should be played as a free hit for us as they are under a bit of pressure as I'm sure they expected to be sitting top at this stage.

49 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

If we are negative and sit back tonight we are losing this. This mob are nowhere near as good as some are hyping them up on here , we are well capable of getting a result here........

That wad my opinion. They only managed a 2 1 home win against YBs and although we managed to lose to them I didn't think they were very good and we blew it. Definitely think we can get something from tonight if we play well. 

I would imagine Ribeira Square will be filling up already. What a fantastic event that turned out to be the last time we were there, and I cannot begin to describe how envious I am of those making the trip this time. On the slightly negative side, be careful with your wallet, Porto is nowhere near as bad a Lisbon, but there are many a pickpocket and opportunist thief around, do not leave your phone on the bar or a table.

30 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

This type of game should suit us as others have alluded to. Will be disapointed if we sit in too much as that is just inviting trouble.

Play our high press game and we'll cause them problems. They are a decent side but not as good as being made out.

Should be played as a free hit for us as they are under a bit of pressure as I'm sure they expected to be sitting top at this stage.

we should have nothing to fear, there isnt the same amount of pressure on the team to deliver as there is in the league because we aren't expected to qualify. Hopefully that plays to our favour psychologically, a pressure off allows us to play better.

1 hour ago, teddybear1975 said:

Totally mate, we have to fight for everything from the very start to the end and not just sit back and invite pressure. This is a game we are more likely to lose than draw or win, so I would hope the players feel the pressure is off and try to express themselves and try to prove people wrong.

What have we got to lose?

Just now, Blueteeth said:

Totally mate, we have to fight for everything from the very start to the end and not just sit back and invite pressure. This is a game we are more likely to lose than draw or win, so I would hope the players feel the pressure is off and try to express themselves and try to prove people wrong.

What have we got to lose?

Agree mate. Think it'll be a good game tonight. Think it'll be quite open and should get a little more time and space to impose our style on the game. Regardless of opposition we have shown in the past when teams play open we can compete.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Morelos is on bench.

I would not have thought so for this game as we will be sitting in more with Morelos fighting for every ball. I think even in the league we are going to have to find a way of getting both playing now but Gerrard doesn't seem up for that. 

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

If we are negative and sit back tonight we are losing this. This mob are nowhere near as good as some are hyping them up on here , we are well capable of getting a result here........

Couldn’t agree more mate but I doubt the gaffer shares our opinion. Death, taxes and Rangers playing for a draw away in Europe are your three certainties in life 

Honestly can’t remember us ever playing a team in the groups who’ve sat back and not just went out and played against us but we seem to do it all the time 

Archived