***** The Official Porto v Rangers Match Thread *****

11 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Couldn’t agree more mate but I doubt the gaffer shares our opinion. Death, taxes and Rangers playing for a draw away in Europe are your three certainties in life 

Honestly can’t remember us ever playing a team in the groups who’ve sat back and not just went out and played against us but we seem to do it all the time 

Agree with this. Wee seemed to use wee team tactics in Europe.  10 men behind the ball. Would much prefer we treated every match going out to actually win the game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Couldn’t agree more mate but I doubt the gaffer shares our opinion. Death, taxes and Rangers playing for a draw away in Europe are your three certainties in life 

Honestly can’t remember us ever playing a team in the groups who’ve sat back and not just went out and played against us but we seem to do it all the time 

I wish we had played for a draw against Young Boys by taking a short  a corner followed by a free instead of lobbing them into the box in the 93rd minute.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wish we had played for a draw against Young Boys by taking a shot  a corner followed by a free instead of lobbing them into the box in the 93rd minute.

Playing for the draw at the end acceptable.  Starting with heavy defensive tactics against teams in Europe isn't imo. Unless it's a barca etc. Not Porto,feyenoord and the likes 

11 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Anyone else’s day dragging like a 90 year old woman swimmer’s tits?

Fucking bored, just as well it’s an earlier kick off.

Aye mine is going slow as fuck aswell mate. Roll on 5, got plenty beer in the fridge too.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

honestly can't get up for this at all. weird feeling

still depressed from the pish at the weekend

I know how you feel.

Was a depressing thought after the game that we've slipped back into old habits meaning the progress we thought we'd have made by this point is a wee bit of a mirage. Don't get me wrong, we are better than last season but we still look to be short IMO.

3 hours ago, ready1873 said:

What about his work ethic and tendency to be a complete shitbag? 

Nope - don't see it - works hard and wingers are never shite bags - they have to take a lot of punishment - he might not be the best tackler in the world but that's not his job.

34 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Anyone else’s day dragging like a 90 year old woman swimmer’s tits?

Fucking bored, just as well it’s an earlier kick off.

Aye slow as a week in the jail. Pakora from the butchers in the fridge and plenty bottles of beer waiting for me getting home 👍

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

honestly can't get up for this at all. weird feeling

still depressed from the pish at the weekend

Just said likewise to a workmate.  All about the league for me.  Europa is just a means for getting some money in the bank.  More pissed off with losing a potential £500k for not winning our last game than the actual points.

On 20/10/2019 at 15:51, GA1972 said:

End of Gerrards post match reaction sounds like he’s already shitting it from Porto

Im expecting them to be nothing special, us to look petrified and probably hand them a couple of goals out of nothing on the way to a comfortable Porto win 

So Tav's playing then?

1 minute ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Morelos is suspended for next game if he picks up a yellow. I'm sure he will have that in back of his mind

Would that apply in the next game too, as in if he gets a yellow he will miss the next one?

if so I don’t think it will be in the back of his mind

Just now, MattyBlue said:

Would that apply in the next game too, as in if he gets a yellow he will miss the next one?

if so I don’t think it will be in the back of his mind

Feck knows mate i just read it this morning but assuming it's next yellow he misses the following match. So it would be porto at home 

Archived