It’s Ojo I’m telling you

KeyserSoze

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Candeias was shite. Honestly he was.

He wasn't the greatest with his attacking output at times, but loved a big match and the other aspects of Candeias' game (work rate/tracking) allowed Tav to flourish. 

While I'm not saying Tav's lesser performances this season are entirely on Candeias leaving, I also don't think you can say that it is a coincidence that Candeias left and tav's attacking output dropped.

I feel Candeias covered for Tav better and that allowed Tav the confidence to attack more freely. Whereas now I feel like he is a bit nervous to take a man on, as he knows Ojo and the like won't cover for him in the way Candeias would.

Liverpool fans were saying at the start of the season that we would get frustrated by Ojo's laid back attitude and would turn on him 

I think we have shown him a lot of good will. Possibly based on how Kent developed over last season. But he is nowhere near showing similar improvement and I think we have just moved on to another level that he may not be able to reach. 

Clearly a quality right winger has to be a priority in January or end of season!

It's beyond me how gerrard thought that Ojo was a more useful addition to the squad than Candeias was. 

Without doubt signing ojo is his poorest decision as manager along with paying 1.75m or whatever it was signing Grezda! 

13 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Candeias was shite. Honestly he was.

Candeais ran himself in to the ground everytime he played for Rangers.  He constantly chased back and was pressing the opposition defenders. 

Ojo doesn't even look as if he's trying.  Cunt rarely breaks a sweat.  Gerrard constantly talks about 'intensity' so I'm surprised he puts up with Ojo TBH.

Just now, TMB said:

Candeais ran himself in to the ground everytime he played for Rangers.  He constantly chasing back and pressing the opposition defenders. 

Ojo doesn't even look as if he's trying.  Cunt rarely breaks a sweat.  Gerrard constantly talks about 'intensity' so I'm surprised he puts up with Ojo TBH.

Hi, can I refer you to the last two Murty old firms please, where he let Tierney create two goals xxx

There were many occasions when Candeias and his dogged pressing won us the ball high up the pitch and got us goals.  His off the ball work can’t be stressed enough he was phenomenal.  Tavernier and Candeias worked well together and our right side was the strongest aspect of our team for quite some time - Now it’s the weakest.

I get that Gerrard wants to play a more narrow front three and Ojo is more suited to that.  However, the 4-3-3 counter pressing system we use demands high intensity pressing when out of possession and Ojo doesn’t give us that.  Ojo doesn’t give us much in possession either TBH.

In January the manager need to address this position.  Especially since Arfield seems to have completely lost his form as well.  We need a quality option brought in.  

11 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

What's the latest with Andy King, he is someone I really looked forward to seeing given his experience... He would definitely be ahead of Ojo for me once fit. 

Since when did Andy King become a right winger?

47 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Since when did Andy King become a right winger?

I'm not sure him being left footed presents a big problem in that respect, in fact in certain games it's an advantage having him come inside on his better foot. 

"I'm pleased with how it went on Thursday night. I was disappointed not to have scored but I'll keep working as we have a lot of big games coming up and you need to be ready.

"I think it's gone well for me so far up in Glasgow but I'm always striving for more" 

When did he have a chance to score?

Keep working.?

Going well? Lay off the crack Ojo... 

Archived