League cup

Escobar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was fairly confident the semi final was a formality, not after today. 

I was just going to post the same CB, while I never expected it to be easy today gifting a goal and hardly any shots on target is not a good sign.

Having said that it will probably be a totally different game on a neutral  pitch, but do our players have the mental strength to get the win ?? I genuinely do not know. 

Shit day today, never got going - symptomatic of last season. Squad need to learn to deal with these breaks, the commentary on BT said that Rangers only had two training sessions during the break!!!

That's not good enough, particularly for a squad with the majority not involved in international football. If we are to win the title and cups we need to go full tilt and keep players sharp amd matchfit - with full training and bounce games involved. A serious rethink for Gerrard. 

9 minutes ago, left winger said:

This is where our winning mentality has to start. 

It is our winning mentality that worries me, this game today was a game where the pressure was on us to stay at the top, but it looked to me some players could not cope with that.  

We will have to see if they can cope with that pressure and win the semi-final. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

It is our winning mentality that worries me, this game today was a game where the pressure was on us to stay at the top, but it looked to me some players could not cope with that.  

We will have to see if they can cope with that pressure and win the semi-final. 

Its going to be an ask, and an even greater one if we play celtic in the final. But cup success, should it happen, will be what takes us onto the title, imo. 

One thing in our favour, that may compensate for a lack of winning mentality is how they react to serious pressure in Scotland for the first time in years. 

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

Its going to be an ask, and an even greater one if we play celtic in the final. But cup success, should it happen, will be what takes us onto the title, imo. 

One thing in our favour, that may compensate for a lack of winning mentality is how they react to serious pressure in Scotland for the first time in years. 

I agree IF we can win a cup it would greatly improve our confidence going forward and I hope it can happen.

I suppose today, while never expecting it to be easy, has made my normal half full glass position swing a little to half empty.  

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was fairly confident the semi final was a formality, not after today. 

Hopefully the team won't think the semi is a formality after today  .

I think that was part of the problem today . 

13 hours ago, left winger said:

Normally  I would always say . Win the league  cup and the momentum we would get , would be ideal .

However with this group . I'm almost certain many of them, would think they had all become legends overnight  and get totally complacent for the rest of the  season .

And win nothing else and blow any title hopes

That is how this group inspires me  

Archived