"Twenty's Plenty" campaign

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Supply and demand. A business charges whatever maximises its income.

Ibrox sells out for every home game so our board can argue that prices are right.

As for the diddy teams would reducing the cost lead to higher attendances. I doubt it.

It's about away prices mate

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You are wrong 

I31 Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accommodation designated foruse by supporters of the Home Club at the same match.

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I31 Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accommodation designated foruse by supporters of the Home Club at the same match.

It is about all away games being 20 quid a ticket

16 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

If you can't afford it don't go. I gave up my season ticket because I can't afford it any more.  That's how the whole world works.  

Nah mate if you dont like the price of something just email the company any moan and that'll sort it mate.

16 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

If you can't afford it don't go. I gave up my season ticket because I can't afford it any more.  That's how the whole world works.  

Not anymore it's not . 

Can't get your way then grab a few like minded cunts and protest until you get your way .

It's a generation thing 👍

Living where I do I don't get to games very often - maybe once every 2 years - but I pay my $299 to RTV every June. Gives me all domestic games home and away.

Prices do seem to be high however. The cynic in me wonders if the green tims have been told it's full price from now on. I have nothing to back that up. It's just a thought.

19 hours ago, stu90 said:

Man City vs Atlanta, £20 a ticket for a champions league game yet double that here for the Europa. Shocking tbh.

I don't think you can use teams like that as an example mate. 

The teams in the EPL could give away every ticket for free the entire season and still make profit due to the TV money. 

Our existence depends on the Ticket money.

It only works if every match is £20. Home and away. For every team. That is the only way that is possible. 

Personally its because the piggery is half empty every match.

We don't have that problem cunts cant get tickets for love nor money for a gers match nowadays 

4 minutes ago, krissg910 said:

It only works if every match is £20. Home and away. For every team. That is the only way that is possible. 

Personally its because the piggery is half empty every match.

We don't have that problem cunts cant get tickets for love nor money for a gers match nowadays 

That makes no sense

We should be concerned about prices.   It needs a collective response from all fanbases.   The EPL cap away tickets at £30. This came about after a collective effort from fans of many clubs with the "Twenty is Plenty" campaign.   

Gate receipts in England contribute a much smaller percentage of clubs' income than in Scotland.   Diddy clubs rely on inflated tickets sales to the OF.   Problem is that nobody wants to watch a lot of the diddy clubs matches.   You could make it free admission and I don't think you would get anywhere near filling StMirrren v Ross County for example.  So they need to make the money where they can.

Given the standard of Scottish football a "£10 is plenty" campaign might be more appropriate.

We should also be concerned about potential ticket prices at Ibrox next season. We have a demand of well over 50000 for most, if not every game.   Could be a hike of a few quid for a game next year.

So we need to make a case about prices, even if only to prevent  further increases. 

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I would say every area of Tynecastle had a similar quality of view - pretty good to be honest - but would be very surprised if the home fans paid £34 a head?

Problem you have in Scotland is that we are either the 2nd or 3rd highest league which rely's on income from fans via tickets. Hearts for example in 2017/18 had 43% of their turnover from gate receipts.......you reduce the 4 old firm games and 2 derbies and they could be 600-700k down easily.

Motherwell whilst maybe not the best example reduced their ticket prices a good number of years ago with the hope it would encourage more fans to turn up....it never happened.

I think Twenty is plenty for away fans at any ground.

Problem is RFC & CFC fill most of the away ground we go to & clubs couldn't afford that lose of revenue.

However, the bare minimum should be that away fans NEVER pay more than the hone fans at the same game 

Archived