Corners

Bad Robot

I noticed that too. To be fair we have had reasonable success with thr outswingers.

Think we should mix it up though. Felt the free kick we had late in the game should have been driven in towards goal by Barasic.  Tav ended up hitting it high and floaty to the keeper. The driven ones only need a touch to go in (sometimes they can go straight in) whilst the floaty ones need headed back then knocked in. 

21 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I noticed today that all our corners were taking by swinging the ball out and that really goes against every thing I’ve known over the years where the right footer does the inswinger over at the left and vice versa.

Is this a new thing in modern football or is it a SG thing ?

Warburton always seem to take a short corner which was wrong and again today we never tried this at any point and it was just swing in so surely we need to mix it up a bit with say 1 in 4?

ps Davis’s header from outside the box was outstanding 👏🏻👏🏻

It seems to me that its done so the tall guys can knock it down quickly for the likes of Morelos. Like our goal yesterday.  

Also means that if the player goes straight for an attempt then just getting the correct connection on it should put the power on the header to beat the keeper. 

I prefer it to be honest. In swingers also give the keeper a good shot of coming for it which is frustrating as fuck. Out swingers make it almost impossible for the keeper to come for it so in theory should lead to more goals/attempts on target. 

Fuck, Davis almost scored a diving header from the edge of the box yesterday 😂

18 hours ago, esquire8 said:

The problem with having both your set piece takes at full backs. Pretty much leaves you no other option than to take out swinging corners as in swinging corners put that player out of position as soon as the corner is taken. Would like to see someone else further up front take responsibility for set pieces, Davis, Kent or Stewart for example.

Davis was horrendous at taking corners the last time round. Unless he spent his whole time at Southampton practicing them then I dont want to see him anywhere near dead balls.

Archived