New rules this season??

Redwhiteandblue

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

The change in the goal kick having to leave the penalty box was changed so that the keeper can pass to a player in the box but the opponents couldn't enter the box until the ball has left the box?? 

There were a few new rules, but I seem to remember that one but willing to be corrected if I'm wrong??

Ps, we severely need Jack back and Tav need that captain's armband taken off him. That 3 goals in 3 games that have been his fault.  Lost a game and drew a game because of his bad form in defending. Something needs to change if we want to be serious title contenders. 

6 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The change in the goal kick having to leave the penalty box was changed so that the keeper can pass to a player in the box but the opponents couldn't enter the box until the ball has left the box?? 

There were a few new rules, but I seem to remember that one but willing to be corrected if I'm wrong??

Ps, we severely need Jack back and Tav need that captain's armband taken off him. That 3 goals in 3 games that have been his fault.  Lost a game and drew a game because of his bad form in defending. Something needs to change if we want to be serious title contenders. 

Yes mate. Then when a team go one nil up the keeper and defenders just pass the ball about inside the box until the final whistle. It's a great rule.

5 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

As soon as the bye kick is taken, even passed to a teammate inside 18yd box, it is deemed to be in play, as soon as this happens, the opposition can enter the area and close down mate. 

Cheers. I was wondering why I was seeing the opposition closing the defenders down in the box. Obviously done so more goals are scored then.  Usual  nonsense then.  The one that done my nutt in was the ball MUST move forward with the first touch. Seeing one player just kicking the ball back from kick off was a strange one to try get my head around. Even though it made total sense 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Disappears for a while, comes back and asks people to research stuff for him. 

Rinse and repeat. 

No, its asking a (what used to be a large group of people until you lot chased them away) question about the new rules, knowing that some (or properly one these days) will know the answer. 

6 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

As soon as the bye kick is taken, even passed to a teammate inside 18yd box, it is deemed to be in play, as soon as this happens, the opposition can enter the area and close down mate. 

You sure as soon as it's taken? Is it possible that it's not deemed to be in play until a team mate touches it?

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes mate. Then when a team go one nil up the keeper and defenders just pass the ball about inside the box until the final whistle. It's a great rule.

Theres plenty of rules where a team can run the clock down in an unsportingly way and get away with it that don't happen cause it would just be scummy as fuck. Like a ball going out for a shy or corner and then no one going to take it. Doesn't mean it's going to happen...

59 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Theres plenty of rules where a team can run the clock down in an unsportingly way and get away with it that don't happen cause it would just be scummy as fuck. Like a ball going out for a shy or corner and then no one going to take it. Doesn't mean it's going to happen...

Players would get booked for timewasting or unsporting conduct. Alternatively the ref would end the game if players refused to participate in it. Not the same as this rule you envisage in the slightest. 😁

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You sure as soon as it's taken? Is it possible that it's not deemed to be in play until a team mate touches it?

Aye mate, otherwise the keeper could just tap the ball out a bit and no players go to it leaving the game in limbo. 

4 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

Aye mate, otherwise the keeper could just tap the ball out a bit and no players go to it leaving the game in limbo. 

Guarantee that we will see a keeper running up to take a goal kick and fucking it up by just knocking it forward a few yards and landing on his cunt then an opponent running in and tapping it into the goal then this season.   Would be funny as fuck.

Or the keeper trying to pass it out to a teammate in the box and an attacker nipping in in front of the defender then just blasting it past the keeper or rounding the keeper and tapping it in. 

It has always been a little dangerous playing out from the back. This new rule should certainly lead to more goals being scored.  

Anyone remember what the rest of the new rules were? I remember the handball rule being clarified (finally) and kinda remembered the one this thread is about.  I'm sure there was a couple more though??

14 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I'm sure another change was that a player being subbed had to leave the field of play from the nearest route and walk round the pitch, which I'm sure will be fun at old firm games. 

58 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm sure another change was that a player being subbed had to leave the field of play from the nearest route and walk round the pitch, which I'm sure will be fun at old firm games. 

Aye, that was one too.  No seen it getting implemented by the officials though... 

54 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Aye, that was one too.  No seen it getting implemented by the officials though... 

Saw a player in England get booked for it. Running towards the dugout instead of walking off at the far side. He didn't have a clue what he was getting booked for :happy:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the new rule about the ball striking the ref yet.  Hearts played a nothing ball into both our ch's and because the ball brushed the ref on its way through they got a drop ball we couldn't contest and they gained 20 or 30 yards. 

Archived