New rules this season??

Redwhiteandblue

21 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

As soon as the bye kick is taken, even passed to a teammate inside 18yd box, it is deemed to be in play, as soon as this happens, the opposition can enter the area and close down mate. 

Seriously worrying for us when it is Goldson who gets the ball inside our penalty box.  

On 21/10/2019 at 02:37, Redwhiteandblue said:

Tav need that captain's armband taken off him. That 3 goals in 3 games that have been his fault.  Lost a game and drew a game because of his bad form in defending. Something needs to change if we want to be serious title contenders. 

Not entirely fair IMO.

Yes he made mistakes that cost us, yet we should have enough to get past Hearts eve with him fucking up in 3 minutes.  We had 90 more minutes to get that game back,  the lack of effort all over the park has cost us in these dropped points, not just Tav.

Who would you make captain right now?  A volatile shagger who seems to be kicking out more and more at players?  Jack or Davis might be a shout.  Taking the pressure of captaincy away from him might do him good, but I actually think he just needs to be dropped or a few games, get a couple of weeks rest, and he could easily come back showing the form he did last season.

13 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Saw a player in England get booked for it. Running towards the dugout instead of walking off at the far side. He didn't have a clue what he was getting booked for :happy:

and that was his second yellow...so he got sent off and they couldn't 'sub' him.

was after that they said the rule wouldn't be enforced (in Scotland) if it meant any possible danger to the player by having to walk past opposition fans

13 hours ago, trueblue 64 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the new rule about the ball striking the ref yet.  Hearts played a nothing ball into both our ch's and because the ball brushed the ref on its way through they got a drop ball we couldn't contest and they gained 20 or 30 yards. 

Yeah, that's one that looks like it needs at best tweaked or dropped altogether. Good way of getting through packed defences. Just flick it off the ref then you basically have an indirect freek kick near their box. Horrendous rule.

10 hours ago, gogzy said:

Not entirely fair IMO.

Yes he made mistakes that cost us, yet we should have enough to get past Hearts eve with him fucking up in 3 minutes.  We had 90 more minutes to get that game back,  the lack of effort all over the park has cost us in these dropped points, not just Tav.

Who would you make captain right now?  A volatile shagger who seems to be kicking out more and more at players?  Jack or Davis might be a shout.  Taking the pressure of captaincy away from him might do him good, but I actually think he just needs to be dropped or a few games, get a couple of weeks rest, and he could easily come back showing the form he did last season.

I've never liked him as captain, but we have genuine players who have leadership qualities. Davis and Shaffer are obviously good shouts. Know how to no just see a game out, but know how to win one but I've never been a fan of keepers having the armband.  So that leaves Davis which I would be fine with. And aye, we should've had enough to see that game off yesterday and who knows, if Tav never tried whatever the fuck it was he was trying to do, if we had scored that first goal I'm fairly certain that we would've seen the game out and maybe scored a couple more. Who knows? 

But I think we can fully blame Tav for those points in both Europe and the SPL. Both goals against young boys were from his mistakes and Sundays was his mistake. McGregor almost saved his arse but it wasn't to be. He cant be a guaranteed starter the next domestic game.  I would drop him for Porto if I knew how good Polster is at right back. Maybe bring Flanno in??

Archived