Greg Docherty & Andy King

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could be the best in training at the club but ultimately the manager decides who starts on matchday and who is on the bench. As is his right, for whatever reasons he decides.  I'm not so sure it's always based on who does what at training, nor actually who does what in a match either.

The midfield requires balance and we missed Ryan Jack yesterday. The midfield players didn't compliment each other at all because they were all too similar and lacked any real bite.

Don't know much about King tbh, but I agree the players who are not performing should be dropped - including Tav.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

LOOK AT ME I’M STAUNCH I THINK NO ONE IS GOOD ENOUGH. 

Our midfield has been consistently good all season. Calm down. 

No they haven't, not all of them anyway, kamara for some reason hasn't followed on from last season, aribo has fell away big time, jack and davis aye but the 3rd slot still needs filled and trying the same two guys all the time when its not working is killing us, especially when we have an actual forward supporting mid stuck wide right

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No they haven't, not all of them anyway, kamara for some reason hasn't followed on from last season, aribo has fell away big time, jack and davis aye but the 3rd slot still needs filled and trying the same two guys all the time when its not working is killing us, especially when we have an actual forward supporting mid stuck wide right

The lack of creativity in our midfield has been there for everyone to see for years. Kamara is woeful and Aribo has done fuckall.

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

LOOK AT ME I’M STAUNCH I THINK NO ONE IS GOOD ENOUGH. 

Our midfield has been consistently good all season. Calm down. 

We lacked a ball winner v hertz. 

We knew it would be a battle so there was a case for Doherty, King or even Edmondson. 

Jack was missed big time, not just for his footballing ability but for his ball winning and game reading. 

6 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

We lacked a ball winner v hertz. 

We knew it would be a battle so there was a case for Doherty, King or even Edmondson. 

Jack was missed big time, not just for his footballing ability but for his ball winning and game reading. 

I agree I thought yesterday was ideal for Doherty or Edmondson, Hearts game plan was route one. We lacked a spoiler in midfield to break up their attacks.

48 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

The lack of creativity in our midfield has been there for everyone to see for years. Kamara is woeful and Aribo has done fuckall.

Gerrard is trying to hard to replicate exactly what Liverpool have going on. 3 central Midfield who lack that creative spark but are all decent enough players and rely on the creative skills of the wingbacks and front 3.

I actually thought Davis would be used differently and Aribo would add creativity, but Gerrard seems to be using these players incorrectly to fit in with this style he plays.

Arfield and Ojo don't offer us enough in that front 3, and when Tav and/or Barasic don't show up we're fucked.

Think King picked up an injury last Friday but surely Docherty would’ve been better suited to that game yesterday than, say, Kamara? 

He’s far from the best in the squad, clearly, but he’s built, he’s athletic and he’s box to box which would’ve been a lot more useful than Kamara or Aribo. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Think King picked up an injury last Friday but surely Docherty would’ve been better suited to that game yesterday than, say, Kamara? 

He’s far from the best in the squad, clearly, but he’s built, he’s athletic and he’s box to box which would’ve been a lot more useful than Kamara or Aribo. 

Being built, athletic and box to box doesn’t matter much when you’re absolutely shite and probably the worst passer in the squad.

Not that there would be much in a toss up with Kamara. The Hamilton or the Dundee player, sadly 

2 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

What a shite post :lol: it’s as if you don’t understand football man.

Because I’m part of the endangered species on here that don’t have an absolute meltdown every time we drop points? :lol: 

The squad is no better or worse than it was before the international break, when everyone was convinced we were winning the league. Now all of a sudden we’re dreadful and they’re getting 10IAR.

3 hours ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Being built, athletic and box to box doesn’t matter much when you’re absolutely shite and probably the worst passer in the squad.

We were getting absolutely bullied in midfield yesterday. Surely a built boy would be better suited to a physical match than Kamara and Aribo who are built like shoe strings? 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We were getting absolutely bullied in midfield yesterday. Surely a built boy would be better suited to a physical match than Kamara and Aribo who are built like shoe strings? 

When the built boy is Greg Docherty I wouldn’t say so mate.

There’s a reason he’s only played about a dozen games in nearly two years. In fairness to the boy it’s not his fault he’s miles below the grade to be a Rangers player. You buy from Hamilton you get a Hamilton player..

47 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

When the built boy is Greg Docherty I wouldn’t say so mate.

There’s a reason he’s only played about a dozen games in nearly two years. In fairness to the boy it’s not his fault he’s miles below the grade to be a Rangers player. You buy from Hamilton you get a Hamilton player..

Buy from Raith Rovers you get Jim Baxter.  Buy from Clydebank you get Davy Cooper.

Archived