Forgotten(?) Great Euro nights.

Redwhiteandblue

45 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I was in the Broomloan Rear that night with my m8 and I honestly can't remember a single thing from the game. 

Same here Broomloan Rear that night, only thing I can remember of the game is Mutu going close late on with a free kick and me about having a heart attack 

Can remember leaving that night thinking we’d probably come up short in Florence but seen Zenit had got a result in Munich and said to the old man I’d fancy us to beat Zenit if we could scrape past Fiorentina. Couldn’t have been more wrong on both counts 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Best European night I remember was v Parma in 99.

The had a team with Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Dino Baggio, Ortega etc and we bartered then 2-0.

Vidmar and Reyna. An incredible atmosphere. 

Barry as a 21 year old was sublime. 

The squad we had during that time was frightening. Was such a gutter to only get 9 great games out of Mols. Still can't believe he spent right up 'til he was 28 before someone took a punt on him. 

That squad could give any squad in Europe a really really tough game. If we could've gotten a group with just one of either Valencia or Bayern rather than both and bloody PSV then we might have gotten quite far. And to think, we were a bargain fae getting through that group as well too. 

Really hope we will produce another 21yr old with the playing quality and leadership that Barry boy had at his age. 

With Arfield being a bit off and not really being the type of player we need in that position,  we should give young Hastie a run out and see how he does. Obviously not on Thursday but maybe at the weekend...

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wtf 😆

That was how the commentator pronounced his name. Or the other was "Darshville". I always prefered the Darchéville pronunciation but I don't actually know how he pronounced it. We would probably all still be say Tavarnee-eh if it wasn't for Tav saying himself how he liked his name pronounced. 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The squad we had during that time was frightening. Was such a gutter to only get 9 great games out of Mols. Still can't believe he spent right up 'til he was 28 before someone took a punt on him. 

That squad could give any squad in Europe a really really tough game. If we could've gotten a group with just one of either Valencia or Bayern rather than both and bloody PSV then we might have gotten quite far. And to think, we were a bargain fae getting through that group as well too. 

Really hope we will produce another 21yr old with the playing quality and leadership that Barry boy had at his age. 

With Arfield being a bit off and not really being the type of player we need in that position,  we should give young Hastie a run out and see how he does. Obviously not on Thursday but maybe at the weekend...

Hastie who is currently on loan to Rotherham....

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

They called him “Darshville” they never called him the other thing you said they did. You absolutely made that up.

No, he's actually correct.

Archie McPherson used to call him Darkieville. He was forever getting our players wrong... 

Marcus DeBeasley, Kevin Ferguson...

Archived