Forgotten(?) Great Euro nights.

Redwhiteandblue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Oliver Khan was the cunt that took him out. Was clearly an accident, but a keeper shouldn't have been anywhere near that part of the pitch. 

What could've been...

You need to watch it again. Skip to about 3.40.

Keeper was well within his rights and no foul committed.

Maybe not a great night because we were already 3-0 down from the first leg and the stadium was half empty but Red Star Belgrade at Ibrox in 91 I think is one I’ll remember. Finished 1-1 on the night. What a fucking team they had back then went on to become European Champions that season.

Along with Marseille who they beat in the final two of the best teams I’ve ever watched live.

Also their fans that night in what’s now Bf1,  I was west enclosure right at the corner, remember them burning one of our scarfs trying to provoke us. Only a few months later the same guys were at war and part of Arkans Tigers. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Maybe not a great night because we were already 3-0 down from the first leg and the stadium was half empty but Red Star Belgrade at Ibrox in 91 I think is one I’ll remember. Finished 1-1 on the night. What a fucking team they had back then went on to become European Champions that season.

Along with Marseille who they beat in the final two of the best teams I’ve ever watched live.

Also their fans that night in what’s now Bf1,  I was west enclosure right at the corner, remember them burning one of our scarfs trying to provoke us. Only a few months later the same guys were at war and part of Arkans Tigers. 

There’s a guy who posts on here who tells a story about the away game (not sure if it was that year or 07 though) where he was in the Marakana and a brick sailed past his head 😂 

I watched a really good documentary on that team a few years ago. They were outstanding and multi ethnic - Bosnians, Croatians, Macedonians, Serbians and Montenegrins all played in the XI. Miodrag Belodedic was also the first player to win a European Cup with two different sides which is remarkable considering it was with Steaua Bucharest and Red Star.

13 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

If anything Mols shouldn’t have jumped over him.

Massive myth as well that Mols was some kind of world class player and that the injury stopped him becoming one.

He was 28 when he signed for us and there was a reason he was never re-signed by Ajax, or signed by PSV or Feyenoord (at that stage of his career). He was good, yes, but not anything special.

He had 6 caps and no goals for Holland at a time when he was competing with guys like van Vossen and van Hooijdonk as a back up to Bergkamp and Kluivert. Both ended up with far more caps and goals than him.

4 hours ago, roboscot said:

You need to watch it again. Skip to about 3.40.

Keeper was well within his rights and no foul committed.

I did say it was clearly an accident. No fault of Khan whatsoever but still, you don't normally see keepere at that part of the pitch. 

Edit: the fuck was Craig Moore  up to?🤣🤣

Archived