*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

A bigger fucking dip than the pepsi max at Blackpool ffs.

Four fucking months. Aye right!

You should have waited till after his assist to call him shite. 

three months out of a few seasons Of fantastic contributions is completely acceptable ffs. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We'd have drew that last season. 

I was only to check briefly and when I seen we had won I thought the same. We would have fucked that last season. 

Winning ugly is still winning and in the league that's vital.

1 hour ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

As said before battering teams 4 and 5 nil..we dont know too much about our mentality. Today although I'd much rather it b comfortable scoreline...you kinda get more satisfactisfaction from a 2-1 scrappy win. Shows the character the squad has got to come from behind to win late on. The lads deserve a bit praise. Am well pleased with the outcome.

Just now, jim beam said:

Find it quite depressing reading the comments that “although we played shite today we managed a win if it was last season we probably would have lost etc”.It’s just seems so tin pot mentality,this was against Motherwell at home that the sheep pumped at Fir Park last week.

Yes, and Livingston beat celtic 2-0 then lost to Kilmarnock the very next week.

It’s not a “tin pot mentality”, it’s how football works sometimes.

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Find it quite depressing reading the comments that “although we played shite today we managed a win if it was last season we probably would have lost etc”.It’s just seems so tin pot mentality,this was against Motherwell at home that the sheep pumped at Fir Park last week.

At fir park last week they probably didn’t play 10 men in defence so you can’t directly compare the games

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Yes, and Livingston beat celtic 2-0 then lost to Kilmarnock the very next week.

It’s not a “tin pot mentality”, it’s how football works sometimes.

Aye a get that and understand but it just feels that way somehow.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Exactly. We played two of our best games away to Hibs last year and dropped 4 points.

3 points after a difficult away game on Thursday. What we needed.

True. That goalless draw in Edinburgh left me gobsmacked we didn’t win after playing like that

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

At fir park last week they probably didn’t play 10 men in defence so you can’t directly compare the games

Yeah mate I get that but as I said it just feels that way or at least to me it does.

Games like this win titles. That was huge for us today. It's like some people think we will just roll teams over every week. Lost count of the number of games we dug out under Walter, be it an Albertz free kick or a Jelavic overhead kick.  When you go one behind and miss a pen after a hard European away game you just need to win any way you can. Well done today, showed some balls.  

21 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Nah it’s not, we were brutal today. I’m not annoyed at it because the fact we won when we’re playing shite is massive, last season as soon as the crowd turned we would have lost that match but the players are made of sterner stuff now. 

It definitely is. We lost a goal which McGregor would save 99 out of 100 times. Apart from that we were hardly threatened. Thats not "getting away with it". If we were under siege and outplayed and came away with a result then you might have a point. However, that was not the case.

18 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Different team set up against us, if they came out and attacked us the way they did against the sheep, we'd have ripped them a new one.  Listening to SG in the presser on Friday, M'well missed a penalty and hit the bar before the sheep scored.  We know how hard it is against the sheep when they get their noses in front of us and they were then chasing the game.  Teams just simply don't play against us the way they do against everybody else. 

Archived