Michael Beale

doc holliday

I am a huge fan of Michael's Coaching Manuals and Coaching Drills particularly on defensive practices ,using them in coaching sessions 10 years ago.

I was delighted when he joined us as part of the coaching team under SG.

The concise  passing interplay in tight situations defensively was a pleasure to watch with the use of a longer  accurate release pass in these situations to relieve pressure and create opportunities  in gaps opening up in the Portuguese midfield.

Michael's influence was self evident ...a very valued and highly respected coach.

A poor and extremely disappointing performance from Rangers at Tynecastle just like the game against celtic.The application,commitment,consistency and concentration of players domestically needs to be up at the level we know this team can play at .You can coach and drill players in all kinds of situations but if they do do make the required effort you will get failure.That applies to the upcoming game against Motherwell...nothing should be taken for granted.

45 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

I am a huge fan of Michael's Coaching Manuals and Coaching Drills particularly on defensive practices ,using them in coaching sessions 10 years ago.

The concise  passing interplay in tight situations defensively was a pleasure to watch with the use of a longer  accurate release pass in these situations to relieve pressure and create opportunities  in gaps opening up in the Portuguese midfield.

Michael's influence was self evident ...a very valued and highly respected coach.

Professor Holliday, thank you for this thesis. Much enlightened I must say. 

52 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

Heart in the mouth stuff sometimes :lol:  , but yeah , I get what you mean . Some of our interplay this season has been as good as I've seen in many a season . Consistency is key though , and there's been a big improvement in that aspect , compared to last season now the coaching team have got to know the players and Scottish football in general . 

Its good to take the slick passing from the training ground which I am sure they pass it around like that every day, to the match, the players all seem pretty confident taking the ball in tight situations and  some of our stuff last night was brilliant, and the goal was just:bow:

On 25/10/2019 at 19:48, doc holliday said:

A poor and extremely disappointing performance from Rangers at Tynecastle just like the game against celtic.The application,commitment,consistency and concentration of players domestically needs to be up at the level we know this team can play at .You can coach and drill players in all kinds of situations but if they do do make the required effort you will get failure.That applies to the upcoming game against Motherwell...nothing should be taken for granted.

Absolutely spot on. Don't know why this post doesn't have more likes. I'd add more but instead I've highlighted in your post exactly what I think is going wrong at times.

It's all down to the players.

Archived