***** The Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread *****

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'll expand on my comment 😂.

Jack was sensational. Aribo was better than he has been, more advanced, but didn't have quite as much impact and end result that his possession and trickery should have. Both could be pleased. Ojo had an assist but otherwise I thought did little, I suppose he did try.  Arfield was non existent, Murphy looked like a guy that's been out for ages.  Morelos took goals well, Defoe had no impact. A mixed bag imo.

I do think we controlled the game, did better than I expected, but our play kinda felt it was slow paced at times, a bit bitty rather than fluid. I just didnt think we got out of 2nd gear much of the time. Though I suppose winning 4 nil away whilst in 2nd gear is no bad thing.

In some games we've not got rewards for our play. Last night I felt we got goals but there was far more in the tank if more players had performed.

Oh and I'll chuck in that I thought Helander 1st half was sloppy as fuck at times. 😂

Get the feeling I'm the only one who whilst delighted with the result and domination in the game wasnt ecstatic with how we actually played. 😂 Hey ho, it's how I saw it.

Talk about glass half empty man. 

Assists for Ojo, Arfield and Aribo. 

As comfortable an away game as we’ve played all season. Utterly dominant. Clean sheet. 

Defoe had little impact, but the game was over when he came on. Murphy looked like a guy that’s been out for ages because...? How else do you get him up to speed?! 

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Murphy has been out for ages so he’s not suddenly going to come back like messi. Gerrard was thrilled with most of the performance so fuck knows what you are looking for. A potential tricky evening turned into a stroll yet you are moaning like fuck,unbelievable.

Not sure where I said I expected more from murphy. I dont, hes not good enough.

Didnt realise we all needed to have the same opinion or even that of Gerrard. 

Now stop moaning like fuck will you.

28 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Talk about glass half empty man. 

Assists for Ojo, Arfield and Aribo. 

As comfortable an away game as we’ve played all season. Utterly dominant. Clean sheet. 

Defoe had little impact, but the game was over when he came on. Murphy looked like a guy that’s been out for ages because...? How else do you get him up to speed?! 

So Ojo and Arfield now get pass marks due to an assist. Hmmm.

Yes we were dominant, but I dont think we excelled in our play. I thought RC were as poor last night as the sheep were v the scum.  Abysmal. Maybe we made them look that way, or maybe they just are. Regardless. I thought it was a 2nd gear type performance with a number of poor individual performances.

I know Murphy looks like a guy that's been out for ages as thats what he is. That's my point.  I dont know if there is a way of getting him up to the level needed, I dont rate him  particularly highly, and after how long hes been out if he does get back to a good level I'd imagine it'll be after a proper pre season elsewhere.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure where I said I expected more from murphy. I dont, hes not good enough.

Didnt realise we all needed to have the same opinion or even that of Gerrard. 

Now stop moaning like fuck will you.

When your the only person with a different opinion from everyone else then just maybe it’s you who hasn’t got a clue. You say Murphy isn’t good enough,what is this based on? Defoe and Davis looked poor last season due to not playing regularly, I just don’t get where you are coming from about last night, you make Victor Meldrew sound like the life and soul of the party.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So Ojo and Arfield now get pass marks due to an assist. Hmmm.

Yes we were dominant, but I dont think we excelled in our play. I thought RC were as poor last night as the sheep were v the scum.  Abysmal. Maybe we made them look that way, or maybe they just are. Regardless. I thought it was a 2nd gear type performance with a number of poor individual performances.

I know Murphy looks like a guy that's been out for ages as thats what he is. That's my point.  I dont know if there is a way of getting him up to the level needed, I dont rate him  particularly highly, and after how long hes been out if he does get back to a good level I'd imagine it'll be after a proper pre season elsewhere.

The thing is, Murphy did not look out of place last night. He looked pretty close to me and no worse than Barker, Jones or Ojo. I do fear however, that Gerrard is not keen on him.

Rangers played very well away from home last night. The only one I think you could criticise was Arfield. Not bad, just non-existent. 

25 minutes ago, Dickie said:

When your the only person with a different opinion from everyone else then just maybe it’s you who hasn’t got a clue. You say Murphy isn’t good enough,what is this based on? Defoe and Davis looked poor last season due to not playing regularly, I just don’t get where you are coming from about last night, you make Victor Meldrew sound like the life and soul of the party.

True that I dont go overboard when we win, theres folk giddy about last night's play which I don't think comes close to our best this season. But nor do I get as devastated as some, especially when we drop points, and woe betide every player and management staff is shite, sack them gem all.

I'm delighted by the result, just happen to think that whilst we dominated possession the scoreline kinda flattered us given our play. It's been the opposite before so I'll take it.

We only had 6 shots on target last night, so our accuracy from them was great, but we didn't exactly pepper their goal for all our possession. I just felt we'd a lot more in the tank, and more from Arfield, Ojo in particular plus Murphy and Defoe when they came on could have seen us better off in terms of the football plus goals.

Murphy isnt a natural winger, isnt a no 10, dont think he's got a great engine to operate left midfield. His scoring rate is ok ish, primarily against lesser teams, don't remember him particularly impactive in big games. If so which ones? Just dont see him shifting better players, especially when hes obviously gojng to struggle for fitness, match sharpness and form. He'll leave and like with Dorrans nobody will really give fuck.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The thing is, Murphy did not look out of place last night. He looked pretty close to me and no worse than Barker, Jones or Ojo. I do fear however, that Gerrard is not keen on him.

Rangers played very well away from home last night. The only one I think you could criticise was Arfield. Not bad, just non-existent. 

Non existent surely has to be bad at a club like Rangers...

Archived