Priorities

To Be A Ranger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It nearly cost us and it could cost us, but it actually didn’t so the rest of my post is going to be a series of if’s but’s and maybe’s - seems the be the standard RM posters attitude these days.

I think you're missing the point. We coasted to nine titles in the 90's and coasted to all our titles in the 2000's. Why aren't we coasting these days. That's the question.

We play well and lose/draw then it's a disaster and we need to learn to win ugly.

Win without playing like Barca then it's we are shite and the tinkering is going to cost us. 

Win playing well it's then moaning about how we couldn't play like that in said game we lost/drew.

Yesterday we had that mongo blue avenger telling us for us to win the league every player has to be on their game every single time which is pretty much impossible to happen as everyone has an off day and not even those at Barca or juve etc are on their game every week.

Forums and social media are a hotbed of stoaters. People genuinely seem to think that we will turn up and steamroller teams 4 and 5 0 every single week. It's just not going to happen. For me.the league is the top priority but like someone else mentioned the reaction to the loss v young boys shows that people won't accept mistakes or poor spells in European matches either.

I've started to stay off match threads for the games that I can't make as they make the tarriers seem rational at times.

I'll take 2 1 to us playing nowhere near our best between now and the rest of the season as we will win the league playing like that.

I would love to see the reaction if we played a weakened or second string team in Europe and got horsed. I’m willing to bet people wouldn’t accept it and say oh it’s ok the league is a priority. Every man and his dog would be a useless cunt and the place would be in meltdown.

The League is definitely there to be won. I would imagine Gerrrard has king in his ear saying deliver league and just see how far we can get on the Euro front. Be nice to have the league cup in the back pocket but. Might be asking a lot of this squad. We just so long over due some silverware 

I can see why Jack and Kent did not start with both recovering from injuries. Alfredo put in so much work on thursday that it was sensible to give him a break. Arfield, Aribo, Barker and Stewart did not step up yesterday and if we are honest it, once again, took an opener from the opposition to get any tempo and urgency into our team.

Cannot expect our best players to play in 60 odd games a season. Rotation is a must if we want the squad to remain fresh until May.

Europe is very important both financially and in restoring our prestige.

We are in 4 competitions and want to win them all.

We got a shock yesterday aa we did at Tynecastle. Beat County midweek and move into the league cup final on Sunday and yesterday will be forgotten.

A promising chance at qualifying from our group in Europe and trailing top spot in the league on goal difference. 

I've stated this before. Successful league campaigns and good Europa League campaigns are not mutually exclusive. 

It's a complete moot topic. If we were to exclude ourselves from Europe we wouldn't automatically have an easier chance of winning the title. It's actually the opposite. The extra cash flow from this competition has helped us sign better players.

I think we're now 7 points better off than last season and putting in arguably better euro performances. Don't see why people want to keep having this discussion.

56 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We play well and lose/draw then it's a disaster and we need to learn to win ugly.

Win without playing like Barca then it's we are shite and the tinkering is going to cost us. 

Win playing well it's then moaning about how we couldn't play like that in said game we lost/drew.

Yesterday we had that mongo blue avenger telling us for us to win the league every player has to be on their game every single time which is pretty much impossible to happen as everyone has an off day and not even those at Barca or juve etc are on their game every week.

Forums and social media are a hotbed of stoaters. People genuinely seem to think that we will turn up and steamroller teams 4 and 5 0 every single week. It's just not going to happen. For me.the league is the top priority but like someone else mentioned the reaction to the loss v young boys shows that people won't accept mistakes or poor spells in European matches either.

I've started to stay off match threads for the games that I can't make as they make the tarriers seem rational at times.

I'll take 2 1 to us playing nowhere near our best between now and the rest of the season as we will win the league playing like that.

Well hi sweet cheeks.

I'm so in awe of your knowledge.

Want to play Mongo with me, mongo?

:rofl:

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We’ve got a league game on Wednesday and a semi final on Sunday of course he was going to rotate the team.

Thats why you have a big squad. 

Lucky we won yesterday then to be joint top whilst competing in a semi final and progressing nicely in Europe.

Sometimes people really do like to moan for no reason.

He rotates the squad except davis should get a rest as wed will be tougher and next sunday is crucial, goldson and tav would need to be pronounced dead by 3 different doctors before gerrard even thinks about rotating them

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I would love to see the reaction if we played a weakened or second string team in Europe and got horsed. I’m willing to bet people wouldn’t accept it and say oh it’s ok the league is a priority. Every man and his dog would be a useless cunt and the place would be in meltdown.

I think its more to do with who he drops and who he continually plays, katic, edmunson and helander all rotating one spot while goldson never gets dropped, tav playing 90mins even if we are 4 or 5 ahead, arfield and to an extent ojo being slotted in anywhere no matter their form

I agree about morelos rested for the coming week tbh, however the team needs to change its system altogether as defoe is the complete opposite from morelos, but the system stayed the same

56 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well hi sweet cheeks.

I'm so in awe of your knowledge.

Want to play Mongo with me, mongo?

:rofl:

You're a clergyman, Ulster man who's now actually from here who's lived in every country in the world for 20 year at a time who has bodyguards and been a CEO of many companies.

You're a Walter Mitty mongo bastard 

10 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The euro stuff is great. 4 days all over Europe for me for the Porto game. Met loadsa great bears and loved every minute but by fuck  the league has to take priority.

We struggled again to win a league game. Gerrard will fail if he doesn't start playing his strongest team in league games. Morelos and Kent on the bench today was insane.

If Gerrard wants to rotate the squad then play Defoe etc in the euro games, and the dynamic, aggressive key players in the league games otherwise we are going to win nothing. Sure we got the 3 points but by a baw hair. 

Stop fucking with the main players Stevie G or our patience will wear thin and all your efforts will be for nothing.

Agreed. My patience is at breaking point.  My voice was fucked after yesterday, but that was mostly from shouting at the official's I guess. But Tav did get a bit of a bollocking from me too. 

The league is the 100% number 1 priority. Not Europe. We're never going to win that so our best players should be kept for the league. I still can't understand why Gerrard feels the need for so many changes. Alfie and Kent are in their early 20's. They can easily handle 2 games a week. 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

😂😂😂 putting  it quite simply - Rangers expect to win every game - our supporters expect our strongest team every game. 

But the first point is a pipe dream as even great teams draw and lose occasionally.

the second point is nieve - there are so many games in a season that to try to achieve point one means wee must rotate - or the players will run out of steam by the end of the season, it also helps injury prevention ( which is good for the team) and it keeps a good number of players match fit so folk can step in if someone is injured. 

SG is doing a good job of managing the squad. 

Ps - we won yesterday 

Hate agreeing with you, but spot on here. 

Sometimes we’ll need to manage the squad, and we’ll not always steamroll everyone. Every Walter game wasn’t a 5-0, as some are quick to forget. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Hate agreeing with you, but spot on here. 

Sometimes we’ll need to manage the squad, and we’ll not always steamroll everyone. Every Walter game wasn’t a 5-0, as some are quick to forget. 

We dont need to rotate our full midfield and attack. Especially as the ones we need - Jack, Kent,  and Alfie are in their early 20's (Jack is slightly older) the three of them should be able to handle 2 games a week. If Davis can do it, why can't the others?

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

It’s true. Winners go straight into group stage. 

I know it's true, it's the part about is winning it that is hugely unlikely. Look at the teams that are in it just now then we will have the champions league dropouts should we get through this stage which I think we go into a pot with if we go through in second place??

41 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

We dont need to rotate our full midfield and attack. Especially as the ones we need - Jack, Kent,  and Alfie are in their early 20's (Jack is slightly older) the three of them should be able to handle 2 games a week. If Davis can do it, why can't the others?

Yeah let's throw in our quality players against hammer throwers who the ref doesn't really give a shit about as that is how they play.

What happens if they get injured against these thugs?

Archived