Priorities

To Be A Ranger

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

Yeah let's throw in our quality players against hammer throwers who the ref doesn't really give a shit about as that is how they play.

What happens if they get injured against these thugs?

If we worry about our players getting injured in our most important competition of the season then we may as well just give up now.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

No. I clearly said play them in our most important competition of the season, which is clearly the league.

Fair enough so you did.

Still, I wouldn't have played Mo or Kent against those cunts until I needed them either, we should have had enough to defeat them without risking our best assets, give them a rest when we should be able to control the thugs at home.

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Fair enough so you did.

Still, I wouldn't have played Mo or Kent against those cunts until I needed them either, we should have had enough to defeat them without risking our best assets, give them a rest when we should be able to control the thugs at home.

The Tim's seem to manage playing almost the same team midweek then at the weekend.  I dont see how we cant. These are young professional athletes.  They should be able to handle 2 games a week no problem. Davis seems to be able to handle it...

The Tim's seem to manage playing almost the same team midweek then at the weekend.  I dont see how we cant. These are young professional athletes.  They should be able to handle 2 games a week no problem. Davis seems to be able to handle it...

If they keep doing that, let's see how they are April and May

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Sorry not too clued up on the molesters but their squad is even bigger than ours is it not? I only look at their score not their team sheet, couldn't name many of the fuckers apart from broonaldo and umbongo.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

Sorry not too clued up on the molesters but their squad is even bigger than ours is it not? I only look at their score not their team sheet, couldn't name many of the fuckers apart from broonaldo and umbongo.

Same.  I just heard them talking about it on the radio on the drive home.

It has nothing to do with prioritising one competition over the other IMO.  The team Gerrard put on the pitch yesterday was very close to our strongest team.  We had Kent, Defoe, and Morelos all on at one point and still struggled to break Motherwell down.  Arfield and Aribo seem out of form and the King loan hasn't worked out.  An attacking central midfielder should be high on the shopping list when January comes.  Ojo and Barker look all pace with no end product too so a quality RW would be welcomed.  

Send King and Ojo back to their parent clubs and bring in a couple of different options in those areas.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It has nothing to do with prioritising one competition over the other IMO.  The team Gerrard put on the pitch yesterday was very close to our strongest team.  We had Kent, Defoe, and Morelos all on at one point and still struggled to break them down.  I still believe we lack creativity when it comes to breaking these teams down.  Arfield and Aribo seem out of form and the King loan hasn't worked out.  An attacking central midfielder should be high on the shopping list when January comes.  Ojo and Barker look all pace with no end product too so a quality RW would be welcomed.  

Cant disagree with any of that except it took till the second half until we had all those players on the pitch. We certainly didn't start with our strongest team yesterday, and it showed. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Hate agreeing with you, but spot on here. 

Sometimes we’ll need to manage the squad, and we’ll not always steamroll everyone. Every Walter game wasn’t a 5-0, as some are quick to forget. 

Yep - winning is the key and you are right even Walter did not win every game, and also he utilised his squad well. It is a squad game. 

Cant disagree with any of that except it took till the second half until we had all those players on the pitch. We certainly didn't start with our strongest team yesterday, and it showed. 

We didn't look like scoring during that second half.  If not for that set-piece we would've dropped points (same thing away to Kilmarnock).  We need to get better at breaking teams down from open play.  I still think we lack two players who can help us do that.  

In Europe it's fine to have three holding midfielders.  Davis, Jack, and Kamara will protect the defense and stop us from being overrun.  But, in the SPFL against 'the block' they wont help us break teams down and get us goals.  I can understand why Aribo and Arfield went in to central midfield yesterday they should offer us more going forward, but they didn't.  Both Aribo and Arfield look out of form and we have no alternatives.  Someone else needs to be brought in.  Ojo started brightly but he seems to have lost it as well.  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

We didn't look like scoring during that second half.  If not for that set-piece we would've dropped points (same thing away to Kilmarnock).  We need to get better at breaking teams down from open play.  I still think we lack two players who can help us do that.  

In Europe it's fine to have three holding midfielders.  Davis, Jack, and Kamara will protect the defense and stop us from being overrun.  But, in the SPFL against 'the block' they wont help us break teams down and get us goals.  I can understand why Aribo and Arfield went in to central midfield yesterday they should offer us more going forward, but they didn't.  Both Aribo and Arfield look out of form and we have no alternatives.  Someone else needs to be brought in.  Ojo started brightly but he seems to have lost it as well.  

Agree. We're at least 2 players of Davis' or Kent's quality away from being an excellent team. The way Aribo and Arfield are playing just now, they are the ones who should be back up to better players. 

3 hours ago, docspiderman said:

I can see why Jack and Kent did not start with both recovering from injuries. Alfredo put in so much work on thursday that it was sensible to give him a break. Arfield, Aribo, Barker and Stewart did not step up yesterday and if we are honest it, once again, took an opener from the opposition to get any tempo and urgency into our team.

When we started kent against Livingston this place was in meltdown as people claimed that's what cost his hamstring to go(mental I know)now he is recovering from said hamstring the place is in meltdown now for NOT starting him....it seems this forum is only content when they can post more on the negative side of our game 

I can understand the rotation but what I don't get and it is frustrating the life out of me is why certain players are still hiding during games. It's not so much the change in personal game to game it's that too many players Porto aside are not giving their all when they either start games or are brought on during the game and it has to stop. We need every player up for this challenge or we will not succeed in what we are trying to do this season.

To accuse players of not giving their all is ott, asking players of our standard to perform at 100% peak all the time is unrealistic, it is about performance levels not attitude imo. 

They do need to be more consistent, say operating a consistent 7 or 8 out of 10, rather than 9 one match and 5 or 6 the next 

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If the squad gets rotated it should be in Europe though, we dropped our two best players and somebody we paid £7million for and it nearly cost us big time.

Yesterday the guys around me were all saying that if we have to rotate players then put out the slightly weaker team for the Europa games and I agree with that as well, especially when it gets to the group stages. The money is great but we need to concentrate on the league, and I am slightly concerned that Stevie does not see it that way.

If we do not do that I can see us losing the league because of not playing the best players in these games, I would always start with Morelos in league games, if we are ahead then he can be rested during the second half.  

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

First paragraph is garbage mate, winning the first trophy of the season breeds confidence and installs that hunger for more, barely anyone in our club now has lifted a cup, that hoodoo needs busted asap

Yes the lack of trophy winners in our squad is a huge problem IMO and we need to win one to prove to themselves they can do it. 

31 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes the lack of trophy winners in our squad is a huge problem IMO and we need to win one to prove to themselves they can do it. 

Ah, but league is the priority over cup so we should be puting out  a weakened team next Sunday surely :sarcasm:

Archived