Priorities

To Be A Ranger

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Not easy? We absolutely scudded them 7-1 at home last year. Nobody looks at Motherwell at home and thinks fuck me that’s a tough home game. It’s a middling home game that we should be able to take care of with relative ease regardless of the team we put out.

First. Rangers Media isn’t a single entity. It is representative of the broad Rangers support and therefore there will never be a forum consensus. Your point is only relevant if you are seeing the same person take different positions. Which I doubt you are 

secondly. Motherwell went into the weekend 3rd. It’s not the same Motherwell team that we scudded 7-1. They have been the 3rd best team in the league this year and the manager acknowledged that ahead of the game and praised their manager. 

last. I agree with you that rotation is inevitable and correct. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Not easy? We absolutely scudded them 7-1 at home last year. Nobody looks at Motherwell at home and thinks fuck me that’s a tough home game. It’s a middling home game that we should be able to take care of with relative ease regardless of the team we put out.

Obviously it’s not considering we struggled against them.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

They had a man sent off in the first half last season.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

A ten man motherwell last season? Good comparison, motherwell will always be a tougher game than the likes of hamilton at home, you know this

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

A ten man motherwell last season? Good comparison, motherwell will always be a tougher game than the likes of hamilton at home, you know this

A tougher game than Hamilton at home but still not a game that anybody looks at and thinks we need our strongest team out here otherwise we might slip up.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

A tougher game than Hamilton at home but still not a game that anybody looks at and thinks we need our strongest team out here otherwise we might slip up.

Why not, they are kicking about the European places the now, we had better results against celtic last season at ibrox than aberdeen, does that mean the aberdeen home games this season should be harder? 

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Obviously it’s not considering we struggled against them.

If we go out and do our job professionally then we should always take care of Motherwell at Ibrox with relative ease.  They made a game of it on Sunday, it happens, but it’s still not a game that anybody would consider a tough fixture. Most of our fans would name at at least half the league before they came to Motherwell.

I bet nobody on here could even state the last time we lost to Motherwell at Ibrox in the SPL without using google to find out when it was.

39 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why not, they are kicking about the European places the now, we had better results against celtic last season at ibrox than aberdeen, does that mean the aberdeen home games this season should be harder? 

They are playing well but I don’t think Motherwell at home is a tough game. Historically it hasn’t been and we are so good at home that nobody should think it is. If you don’t agree with that that’s fine but after spending two days arguing with you about Tav,  I’m not getting into the same thing again here so we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If we go out and do our job professionally then we should always take care of Motherwell at Ibrox with relative ease.  They made a game of it on Sunday, it happens, but it’s still not a game that anybody would consider a tough fixture. Most of our fans would name at at least half the league before they came to Motherwell.

I bet nobody on here could even state the last time we lost to Motherwell at Ibrox in the SPL without using google to find out when it was.

It shouldn’t be and neither should any team at Ibrox celtic aside but it was, and I place it solely down to the fact we had Kent, Morelos and Jack on the bench and absolutely no creativity until Barker went off injured.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It shouldn’t be and neither should any team at Ibrox celtic aside but it was, and I place it solely down to the fact we had Kent, Morelos and Jack on the bench and absolutely no creativity until Barker went off injured.

It was frustrating but I understand why we made the changes, and I don’t think they were wrong. Thursday was a taxing game and with Kent coming back from injury and Jack having an injury that we have to manage, it made sense to leave them out and Defoe and Morelos have been playing alternative games for most of the season and it has worked.

I would have more problems with it if we had the squad depth we had a a couple of years back and it was shite players coming in but the players who did come in are all good players too.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It was frustrating but I understand why we made the changes, and I don’t think they were wrong. Thursday was a taxing game and with Kent coming back from injury and Jack having an injury that we have to manage, it made sense to leave them out and Defoe and Morelos have been playing alternative games for most of the season and it has worked.

I would have more problems with it if we had the squad depth we had a a couple of years back and it was shite players coming in but the players who did come in are all good players too.

Disagree. Stewart and Barker aren’t very good.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think it was 21 years ago. It was mentioned on the highlights.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Defoe and Arfield are though and they both came into the team, along with Aribo, on Sunday.

On current form Defoe is, but he was shite, and Arfield isn’t this season. Had it in my head it was playing against Porto for some reason though, which is an example of resting players in Europe 

Archived