Arfield

graeme_4

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he played a bit better the last 30minutes or so yesterday but still well below last seasons performances. He did play well away to Midtjylland

He hasn't really had a break in the Summer like a lot of our players, I think he could be doing with a spell on the bench.  He ceratinly doesn't suit that right wing type role.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Getting off lightly because Tav has been well below par. 

He’s been horrible this season. A shadow of the player last year and has contributed fuck all this season. 

Needs benched. 

Yep. Needs dropped. He was paying in Jack's role yesterday. He needs to be further forward and central if he plays just now. His form is well off so if he plays he needs to play where he plays best.

Wouldn't start him against Ross County this week!!

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Airfield is dynamic when he is playing well

And recently he hasn't been playing well.Think you will find he doesn't play in next 2 games . Certainly from the start 

I would say I agree with you regarding him playing the next two games but after yesterday I don't have a clue what sort of team Gerrard will stick out.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Getting off lightly because Tav has been well below par. 

He’s been horrible this season. A shadow of the player last year and has contributed fuck all this season. 

Needs benched. 

People saying Tav has been well below par are too focused on the easy target...

Arfield, Ojo, Aribo...have all been much worse than Tav.

Even last week against Hearts, Tav cost the goal and his delivery wasnt great, but at least he got into the position to try and cross it, take on his man and drive the ball forward...there are too many getting away with murder because Tavs high profile mistakes are taking the spot light.

It was the same yesterday, Aribo, Arfield, Stewart, Barker all done absolutely nothing all game, yet Tav is the bad guy for missing a penalty.

Drives me mad!

22 minutes ago, Del said:

People saying Tav has been well below par are too focused on the easy target...

Arfield, Ojo, Aribo...have all been much worse than Tav.

Even last week against Hearts, Tav cost the goal and his delivery wasnt great, but at least he got into the position to try and cross it, take on his man and drive the ball forward...there are too many getting away with murder because Tavs high profile mistakes are taking the spot light.

It was the same yesterday, Aribo, Arfield, Stewart, Barker all done absolutely nothing all game, yet Tav is the bad guy for missing a penalty.

Drives me mad!

He's our captain. He should be playing much better. But when did he last not start a game? He's started almost every game the last 3 seasons. 

46 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I thought he played a bit better the last 30minutes or so yesterday but still well below last seasons performances. He did play well away to Midtjylland

He hasn't really had a break in the Summer like a lot of our players, I think he could be doing with a spell on the bench.  He ceratinly doesn't suit that right wing type role.

True actually, but still rubbish for the vast majority. 

He’s not the only one, but seems to get a pass based on Tav, Goldson and Ojo soaking up most of the stick. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

True actually, but still rubbish for the vast majority. 

He’s not the only one, but seems to get a pass based on Tav, Goldson and Ojo soaking up most of the stick. 

Wouldn't say that. Theres plenty of folk giving Arfield stick. It's mostly online rather than at the game where it's the guys you mentioned who are getting the stick. 

He can't find any sort of goal scoring form and that's what we need from him more than anything.  If he plays out wide, or in the middle, your looking for him to get in the box and score goals and it's not happening.  

43 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He's our captain. He should be playing much better. But when did he last not start a game? He's started almost every game the last 3 seasons. 

He might be the captain but that doesnt make him immune from poor performances or mistakes.

We are so reliant on him on the right hand side it is frightening, people asking for him to be dropped/rested are in for a shock when we have to play Polster or Flanno there, neither of which can even get on the bench, as they dont have anywhere near the ability to attack like Tav does.

We are the only team in the world that are critical of players for being fit enough to play 50+ games season after season!

Archived