Arfield

graeme_4

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Del said:

He might be the captain but that doesnt make him immune from poor performances or mistakes.

We are so reliant on him on the right hand side it is frightening, people asking for him to be dropped/rested are in for a shock when we have to play Polster or Flanno there, neither of which can even get on the bench, as they dont have anywhere near the ability to attack like Tav does.

We are the only team in the world that are critical of players for being fit enough to play 50+ games season after season!

We dont need to attack from right back if we rest Tav. He hasn't missed a game in fuck knows how long, so he's surely due one. We have Barasic who we signed for his attacking against us on the europa league so we know we could just ask Barasic to do the attacking that Tav usually does (except on the left) five brought someone in for Tav for a couple of games. Surely Flanagan can do a job on his proper side. He's shown he can do it on the left  so you would think he could do it on his natural side...

I would like to see gerrard have a wee word in his ear about international football.

We pay his wages yet Canada seem to be getting the best performances from him as by the time he's back in Scotland he's fucked.

He cant do both Imo.....must be benched for the next few games and see if he can play his way back into the side.

Our downfall this season might end up coming from Tavernier, Arfield, Aribo and some extent Kamara not playing to their best. 

From last season we have a better central defence without Worrall, a much better performing LB and Davis and Jack going up an extra level. However, our answer to attacking midfield in Aribo is not working out, plus we've lost our on form Arfield and Tavernier and Kamara isn't firing either. If Tav, Arfield and Aribo step up then I think we could very well win the league. If they don't it will be a struggle.

I'd like to see us play both Kent and Jones on the wings but I'm not sure who would move over to the right. 

Lack of a decent pre season, consistent long haul travelling, no longer guaranteed a start in the same position week in week out. Can understand a drop in form from him unlike Tav. Needs a few weeks out the firing line to rest and get a bit of fitness training.  Still a quality player for us.

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

We dont need to attack from right back if we rest Tav. He hasn't missed a game in fuck knows how long, so he's surely due one. We have Barasic who we signed for his attacking against us on the europa league so we know we could just ask Barasic to do the attacking that Tav usually does (except on the left) five brought someone in for Tav for a couple of games. Surely Flanagan can do a job on his proper side. He's shown he can do it on the left  so you would think he could do it on his natural side...

Think Flanagan us recovering from an op he had during the international break is he not . 

Been reading a couple of threads laughing at everyone calling polster shite etc etc when he's been played out of position in his appearances , sure he's played at right back for previous clubs but he is CM .

I'm critical of Tav for his terrible defending  but I have to remind myself of the good  he brings to the team and tbh I don't think we CAN leave him out .

2 hours ago, dee9 said:

I would like to see gerrard have a wee word in his ear about international football.

We pay his wages yet Canada seem to be getting the best performances from him as by the time he's back in Scotland he's fucked.

He cant do both Imo.....must be benched for the next few games and see if he can play his way back into the side.

Maybe because canada use him to the best of his abilities, last season arfield was playing in behind the striker and linking up well, he could conserve himself until we needed him during attacks, 

Now we are asking him to play a role he's not suited, a role he maybe not fit for, in a system that's struggling for us this season 

He hasn't been playing well and probably needs dropped, but he also needs a run of games in his better position to see if its him or not him that's the issue 

35 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

I'm critical of Tav for his terrible defending  but I have to remind myself of the good  he brings to the team and tbh I don't think we CAN leave him out .

No player is bigger than the Club.

He's way off form for whatever reason and should be dropped, similar with Arfield.

Archived