Morelos + Defoe

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I love the fact that when they score, they run over to the bench to acknowledge one another. Barring injury they will top 50 easily.

Never seen that kind of a strike partnership between guys who never play together before, they seem incredibly close.

6 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Never seen that kind of a strike partnership between guys who never play together before, they seem incredibly close.

Fucking beautiful to see in all honesty and will be awful when it's over.  Just hopefully it lasts at least until they've brought the league home in May, and there aren't any ridiculous bids for Morelos in January that we can't turn down.

20 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I wonder what the difference in value would be between say a 35 goal Morelos and a 45 goal Morelos.

It can only be a good thing for everyone involved, his status and price tag would have to go up.

i would much prefer the strikers taking pens anyway but we can’t really complain at tav for three missed he scored a few aswell.

I quite like Alfie sitting just in behind he makes brilliant runs in behind opposing defences from deep. Did so yesterday and went 1 v 1. It's basically what we came to expect of Scotty Arfield but I honestly could count on 1 hand the number of runs Arfield went in behind or got in the box in a goalscoring position

Obviously the problem is if we want to go 2 up top we need legs in midfield so can only do it when Jack is fit and firing tbh 

Jermain Defoe is also pretty fucking lethal. Love him. He has scored a few of those now this year where the keeper parries it and he's the first to react and buries it

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I quite like Alfie sitting just in behind he makes brilliant runs in behind opposing defences from deep. Did so yesterday and went 1 v 1. It's basically what we came to expect of Scotty Arfield but I honestly could count on 1 hand the number of runs Arfield went in behind or got in the box in a goalscoring position

Obviously the problem is if we want to go 2 up top we need legs in midfield so can only do it when Jack is fit and firing tbh 

Jermain Defoe is also pretty fucking lethal. Love him. He has scored a few of those now this year where the keeper parries it and he's the first to react and buries it

I think morelos playing off the last man loses a lot of what his strengths are, look at his goal away to young boys, he doesnt do that if he is the midfield runner, 

Id play the two up top, but the attacking fullbacks need halted and it would need to be a 442 with two actual wingers

Or we try 352, which means either kent or barisic misses out (if kent is crocked again then might work) 

I would like to see the 352, i think goldson could be the sweeper as he seems like the commanding type in terms of barking orders, let katic, helander or edmunson go and attack everything, the wingbacks do the same as the fullbacks do the now, midfield covers them

But no chance that will happen

Boyd and Miller were a superb partnership up front. That’s the difference just  now. If Defoe and Morelos could get a run together I have no doubt they would top that. 

Both are in form, both seem to have formed a very good friendship and an understanding. Would like to see how it works like most. 

Thought OP was going to suggest playing both when i saw thread title.

Previously i wasnt keen on it but maybe its something we should do more often. 

If we had Defoe, Buff & Kent as a front 3 with good movement and interchanging they would be a real handful. Not saying every game but could be option as i think we are lacking a bit down the channels anyway.

Maybe not a direct comparison but look at Liverpools front 3, Mane is about the nearest to a winger so we dont need 2 wingers and 1 striker either.

Most of their width comes from the full backs, which could work for us too -  possibly worth considering?

4 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Thought OP was going to suggest playing both when i saw thread title.

Previously i wasnt keen on it but maybe its something we should do more often. 

If we had Defoe, Buff & Kent as a front 3 with good movement and interchanging they would be a real handful. Not saying every game but could be option as i think we are lacking a bit down the channels anyway.

Maybe not a direct comparison but look at Liverpools front 3, Mane is about the nearest to a winger so we dont need 2 wingers and 1 striker either.

Most of their width comes from the full backs, which could work for us too -  possibly worth considering?

Liverpool arent up against 11 men behind the ball with 2 centre halves that are built for caber tossing instead of football though, 

Archived