This season v last season (having now played everyone)

Virtuoso

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If we could keep that up (which is highly unlikely) we could finish the season with 36 more points than last season. 

What's the taigs like? They appear to be better too.

I've just done a check on their stats from last season against this season for you,mate.

Season 2018-19:   Played11 -  Won 8 - Drawn 1 - Lost 2..... Goals for 27 - Goals against - 6 - Points  25........Goal difference -  Plus 21.

Points dropped:  0 - 0 draw away to St. Mirren,  1 - 0 loss away to Hearts,  2 - 1 loss away to Kilmarnock.

Season 2019 - 20: Played 11 - Won 9 - Drawn 1 - Lost 1......Goals for 34 - Goals against - 7 - Points 28.......Goal difference - Plus 27

Points dropped:  1 - 1 draw away to Hibs,  2 - 0 loss away to Livingston.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, chris182 said:

Great start. We'll know before the next old firm game whether we have the guts for this title fight. December has us going to the Sheep, Hivs, Motherwell and Home to Killie. Livi away next month again too 

You’re dead right. The way the fixtures are set up, our run in after New Year is easier than theirs. If we’re level (or better) at the bells, we’ll win this league.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder if that’s one of Gerrard’s favourite Phil Collins tracks?

5 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Would he 'Testify' to that....?

🙄

Dont know what you guys are on about, this is a football thread.

So, when we win at the scum in December is it just Another Day in Paradise? 😁

51 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Them beating us at Ibrox has kept them in touch.

The beggars are far better and stronger than they were last year . Some of us would be better realising that .

I think they will only lose a few more games this season .

The have signed some good players in their weaker positions from last year IMO

I would have taken our stats now into last season . That way 55 would have been won .Massive chance lost as they were fucking it up and we still couldn't take advantage .

We are going to have to be, better than brilliant to win this league this season . And that may not be enough .That is how I see it

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I've just done a check on their stats from last season against this season for you,mate.

Season 2018-19:   Played11 -  Won 8 - Drawn 1 - Lost 2..... Goals for 27 - Goals against - 6 - Points  25........Goal difference -  Plus 21.

Points dropped:  0 - 0 draw away to St. Mirren,  1 - 0 loss away to Hearts,  2 - 1 loss away to Kilmarnock.

Season 2019 - 20: Played 11 - Won 9 - Drawn 1 - Lost 1......Goals for 34 - Goals against - 7 - Points 28.......Goal difference - Plus 27

Wow thought it worse than this . Pretty sure they must have dropped quite a few in the following games

I'm happy if we take them to the last 5 games of the season with us having a lead or at   worst , few points behind .

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Wow thought it worse than this . Pretty sure they must have dropped quite a few in the following games

I'm happy if we take them to the last 5 games of the season with us having a lead or at   worst , few points behind .

In their remaining 27 games of the season they won 19,   Drew - 5,   Lost-3

Their draws were;  0-0 against Livingston away...... 1-1 against Motherwell away......0-0 against Aberdeen at home.....0-0 against Livingston at home.......0-0 against Hibs away.

Their losses were;  2-0 against Hibs away......1-0 and 2-0  to us both at Ibrox.

So basically at the piggery they only dropped 4 points during the season with the draws against Aberdeen and Livingston

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

The beggars are far better and stronger than they were last year . Some of us would be better realising that .

I would have taken our stats now into last season . That way 55 would have been won .Massive chance lost as they were fucking it up and we still couldn't take advantage .

We are going to have to be, better than brilliant to win this league this season . And that may not be enough .That is how I see it

We are also far better and stronger than we were last year and the stats back that up 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We are also far better and stronger than we were last year and the stats back that up 

True . I hope it will be enough . Although I think the scum have also improved massively . No point in kidding ourselves

Think this is going to go down to the very wire this season . At least that will make it exciting until the end .

Winning the league cup is absolutely massive for me . Stops their momentum in picking up the silverware

10 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ignorant and deluded uber mob will decry Gerrard saying he should have won the league and cups by now.

Sensible folk recognise the progress, against all odds.

The final sign of that progress is winning something though. If we don’t then we haven’t achieved anything. 

28 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

True . I hope it will be enough . Although I think the scum have also improved massively . No point in kidding ourselves

Think this is going to go down to the very wire this season . At least that will make it exciting until the end .

Winning the league cup is absolutely massive for me . Stops their momentum in picking up the silverware

Beating the filth in a Hampden final will be worth far more than the trophy alone. 

In my opinion I think we need a win and a draw in the next 2 old firms. Definately need to go there and win our next league fixture. It's far too long since we got 3 points over there. But last night was one of our best away wins so far this season.

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

They're 3pts better off. This seasons OF games really will be hugely important.  So will goal difference.  We need to beat them at their Midden.  

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Spot on. We need to give them a bloody nose when we next play them or it could be fatal . OF games this year are going to be massive. 

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

They're 3pts better off. This seasons OF games really will be hugely important.  So will goal difference.  We need to beat them at their Midden.  

Yes they are 3 points better off after 11 games, but we are 7 points better off after 11 games....big improvement so far.

Archived