This season v last season (having now played everyone)

Virtuoso

9 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Yes they are 3 points better off after 11 games, but we are 7 points better off after 11 games....big improvement so far.

If we beat them at Ibrox we would've been 10 better off and they would only be 4. The goal difference would be different too. We MUST beat them at the tin bin.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If we beat them at Ibrox we would've been 10 better off and they would only be 4. The goal difference would be different too. We MUST beat them at the tin bin.

I totally agree with you. We blew 5 points through incompetence, not through being played off the park, so we still need to improve our consistency.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I totally agree with you. We blew 5 points through incompetence, not through being played off the park, so we still need to improve our consistency.

8, if you count the Europa league points we lost. Tav and Goldson on the same side needs work done on it. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

8, if you count the Europa league points we lost. Tav and Goldson on the same side needs work done on it. 

Yes, but I was only taking League points into the equation.

11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ignorant and deluded uber mob will decry Gerrard saying he should have won the league and cups by now.

Sensible folk recognise the progress, against all odds.

He's almost built a squad thats capable if winning it all in scotland, he just needs to keep the squad together

I've been saying for a while now, if we can go into the Old firm game either still level or within 3 and don't lose there, we'll win the league. 

Games between now and including the 29th December are incredibly tough but on the flip side the run in is considerably kinder to us.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's almost built a squad thats capable if winning it all in scotland, he just needs to keep the squad together

And that's why I've been talking about the rate of progress for donks. It's no good if we're improving if it's taking too long. But it's also wrong to unrealistically expect the rate to be too quick.

He got a 4 year contract to get us to the top, realistically he has to stop 10iar so it needs done in 3.  We can see how close we are to them, beating them and stopping the league at times, we just need that bit more. Yet folk have wanted him sacked and will again if we dont win the league this year. Despite the scum holding more ace cards than us.

We're still building, we need to strengthen again, if we sell we need to reinvest and get even better players, but for me where we are from we've we were when he started is fucking amazing. And in good time. We need to keep it going as it will be there for us, next year if not this one, if we keep on the same track.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

I'd bite your hand off right now to come out of the game at the dump on the 29th 3 points behind. We would have a game in hand(should we win on Sunday) over the scum.

9 out of 14 games up to the split would be at Ibrox. 5 away would be Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County and Kilmarnock. Scum on the other hand would have 8 away games in 13!

Split would be very interesting as if it was the same top 6 as right now we would have played the Scum, Motherwell, Sheep, Livi all at home twice. So either Motherwell or Livi come to Ibrox three times. Scum would have to go to Livi, Sheep or Motherwell three times. No doubt would be the sheep considering it's a guaranteed win..

How?

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How?

celtic play Hearts on the 18th of December whereas we don’t play anyone that midweek (our match against St. Johnstone that levels the games played hasn’t been arranged yet and probably won’t be played until the end of January).

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

celtic play Hearts on the 18th of December whereas we don’t play anyone that midweek (our match against St. Johnstone that levels the games played hasn’t been arranged yet and probably won’t be played until the end of January).

If we make it through the group stage, it might not be until March that we would play that game. 

10 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Fair enough, thought he was just confident that Hibs were gonny win on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

On the flip side I’m sure the taigs see the points dropped against Hibs as 2 points lost. They have 2 stonewall penalties not given...

No point looking at what-ifs, we’re level with them and if we can be level come March we’ll do it

6 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

On the flip side I’m sure the taigs see the points dropped against Hibs as 2 points lost. They have 2 stonewall penalties not given...

No point looking at what-ifs, we’re level with them and if we can be level come March we’ll do it

The big difference in the taigs dropping points against Hibs is that if they were denied 2 stonewall penalties as you say, then that was down to an outside influence (shithouse officials) that they have no control of, whereas our dropped points were self inflicted and have to be improved in-house.

17 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

The big difference in the taigs dropping points against Hibs is that if they were denied 2 stonewall penalties as you say, then that was down to an outside influence (shithouse officials) that they have no control of, whereas our dropped points were self inflicted and have to be improved in-house.

The good thing is Gerrard seems to learn from his mistakes. Mind he's still an amateur, relatively speaking when we are going for the title this year. 

Another thing that is positive is I, and I assume the majority on here, think we can improve. We've won a lot of games but some of our performances maybe haven't be ones where we've deserved to win. We definetely have a few more gears and I don't know if that can be said of our rivals?

On 30/10/2019 at 23:13, Redwhiteandblue said:

If we could keep that up (which is highly unlikely) we could finish the season with 36 more points than last season. 

What's the taigs like? They appear to be better too.

Technically it would be 31 more points as we only play 5 games in the last round of league fixtures 🙂 

(Pedantic Loyal)

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People are mentioning the scums two penalty shouts(one was never a penalty IMO) but totally ignoring Ntcham should have been sent off long before that and the scums leveler was a shambles.

Both were penalties and the refs would be getting alsorts of shit on here had it been us

Archived