**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

48 minutes ago, tm91 said:

What the fuck is it with celtic in this game? I've played 4 seasons and every summer transfer window they make £60-80m selling off players, including real young players off a fucking conveyor belt that I've never heard of but are given absurdly high PA. If I wasn't Rangers they'd have walked the league every season.

Saying that they're now paying £1m a week (including paying Mikey Johnston 91k a week) in wages while my typical FM strategy of buying young regens and selling them for stupid amounts of money has made me richer, but it's still daft.

I'm five seasons in with us and they are unplayable. Played 19 won 19 in the league conceding 5 goals. 2 of them were against me away recently and they won 3-2. Spent £360m total last three seasons. Also topped their CL group, Fucking sickning.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Got promoted with Birmingham City via the playoffs, after two major wobbles mid season. No wins in 5 and 6 games at some points :anguish:

Signed Herbie Kane and Chirivella from Liverpool on permanent deals in the previous winter transfer window after selling one of my best players (who was injured most of the seaosn tbf) and have been given £35m to spend for the upcoming season. I've signed O Hara the goalie from Man U, Garcia the centre back from Man City, along with Adarabioyo on loan from the same club. Signed Gayle from Newcastle after Villa wanted £15m to make Scott Hogan's deal permanent. Spent the biggest on Eze from QPR at £18m plus additional clauses.

Think I'm gonny struggle this season to be fair. 

Scott Hogan fs bad memories, Managed a major coup in my Crewe season getting Hogan in league 1 and he was utter pish.  Was paying him a relative fortune and done nothing,

41 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Scott Hogan fs bad memories, Managed a major coup in my Crewe season getting Hogan in league 1 and he was utter pish.  Was paying him a relative fortune and done nothing,

Scored a barrel load for me last season mate so no complaints tbh.

I find that the amount of one on ones that are missed both for and against me is wild.

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I've been lucky in that they completely crumbled the past two seasons I've played because they kept selling everyone and rebuilding their team again (as in, they literally sold about 10 players both windows and replaced them all) - if you can beat them early on in the season they seem to drop more points, presumably because their team spirit begins to tank. Even then in the first two seasons they had 90-odd points finishing 2nd and were going deep into Europe.

They fell away my 2nd season and I won the treble but struggled apart from that. They had only beat me twice in 26 games heading into this season then theyve won 3 in a trot.  My 3rd season got 98 points and lost the league. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Scored a barrel load for me last season mate so no complaints tbh.

I find that the amount of one on ones that are missed both for and against me is wild.

Aye same. I'm at the point now when a highlight shows up and it's a 1 v 1 I know its no a goal. Especially my strikers. Midfielders sometimes score them,

For anyone thats done a longish save with us who remains after about 5 years? I'm in my fifth and only got Tav, Kent, McCrorie  and Jones left and Jones is leaving soon. Goldson and Aribo were both still here recently but left for playing time and release clause. 

Stephen Kelly and Ritchie-Hosler from then youth.

18 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Aye same. I'm at the point now when a highlight shows up and it's a 1 v 1 I know its no a goal. Especially my strikers. Midfielders sometimes score them,

Mate it’s fucking brutal isn’t it?

The only one on ones I’ve seen scored are from your boy Hogan :lol:

2 hours ago, ready1873 said:

For anyone thats done a longish save with us who remains after about 5 years? I'm in my fifth and only got Tav, Kent, McCrorie  and Jones left and Jones is leaving soon. Goldson and Aribo were both still here recently but left for playing time and release clause. 

Stephen Kelly and Ritchie-Hosler from then youth.

Got McCrorie x2, and Goldson, sold Kent at the beginning of this season.

Kelly, Ritchie-Hosler and Lowry all play a big part as well.

12 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Got McCrorie x2, and Goldson, sold Kent at the beginning of this season.

Kelly, Ritchie-Hosler and Lowry all play a big part as well.

Aye Kelly turns out a solid wee player. I had big offers for Kent but he just doesn't want to leave 😁

Left Rangers for Leicester. Couldn't compete with the taigs. They've won every league game after 34. Got a prime James Maddison, Rodrygo from Real Madrid, Sinisterra, and a regen whos wanted by Liverpool and Barca. Unplayable

So I won the league with Cove Rangers with about 3 games to go. Rangers are absolutely chucking the league though. They were about 8 or 9 points clear, and now going into last old firm game after split at ibrox losing 3-1 and Morelos gets sent off for an elbow. Now 3 points behind them with a poorer goal difference and two games left. Gerrard left for Brighton. Was no way I was getting the job even though I applied. Murty is interim manager.

2 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

So I won the league with Cove Rangers with about 3 games to go. Rangers are absolutely chucking the league though. They were about 8 or 9 points clear, and now going into last old firm game after split at ibrox losing 3-1 and Morelos gets sent off for an elbow. Now 3 points behind them with a poorer goal difference and two games left. Gerrard left for Brighton. Was no way I was getting the job even though I applied. Murty is interim manager.

Gerrard always seems to leave in any save I do :lol:

On 02/06/2020 at 12:37, Mr Soprano said:

Gerrard always seems to leave in any save I do :lol:

Bizarre he left with them doing well.

Murty oot. He lost the last old firm game at Ibrox that basically lost us the league. I was in attendance 😂. I was sitting raging at that 

5 hours ago, wully said:

bolton.png

Brought in Ben Woodburn on loan, a panic signing really because I'm skint.

What a volley Jason Lowe scored to beat Mansfield, one of they goals you do a wee jump yourself :lol:

Promotion beckoning? 

I fancied a new challenge and started a game with Casa Pia in the Portugese 2nd division. Expected to finish rock bottom of the league, 95% of the squad contracts expire end of the first season, alot of loans and barely any money. But so far doing amazing. Sitting 8th end of December and reached the quarters of the Portugese Cup where I was expected to get elimated four rounds ago. Lost 2-1 away to Sporting Lisbon. 

I'm not going to get promoted but the only plus is they have excellent youth facilities and got a good intake so going to try and build a team. Losing most my good players on pre contracts as they didn't want to resign. Going to be a challenge and a half. 

Archived