Sign in to follow this  
MrMeeseeks

**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

5 games into my Premier League campaign with Birmingham City and I've had 4 defeats and one draw :lol:

Beat Palace on penalties down there in the cup so it's not all bad.

So I won the league with Cove Rangers with about 3 games to go. Rangers are absolutely chucking the league though. They were about 8 or 9 points clear, and now going into last old firm game after split at ibrox losing 3-1 and Morelos gets sent off for an elbow. Now 3 points behind them with a poorer goal difference and two games left. Gerrard left for Brighton. Was no way I was getting the job even though I applied. Murty is interim manager.

2 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

So I won the league with Cove Rangers with about 3 games to go. Rangers are absolutely chucking the league though. They were about 8 or 9 points clear, and now going into last old firm game after split at ibrox losing 3-1 and Morelos gets sent off for an elbow. Now 3 points behind them with a poorer goal difference and two games left. Gerrard left for Brighton. Was no way I was getting the job even though I applied. Murty is interim manager.

Gerrard always seems to leave in any save I do :lol:

On 02/06/2020 at 12:37, Mr Soprano said:

Gerrard always seems to leave in any save I do :lol:

Bizarre he left with them doing well.

Murty oot. He lost the last old firm game at Ibrox that basically lost us the league. I was in attendance 😂. I was sitting raging at that 

Mr Soprano likes this

I should be rattlin through my Bolton game seeing as im not working but the wean is a pain in the arse and he wont leave the laptop alone.

bolton.png

Brought in Ben Woodburn on loan, a panic signing really because I'm skint.

What a volley Jason Lowe scored to beat Mansfield, one of they goals you do a wee jump yourself :lol:

ForeverAndEver likes this

5 hours ago, wully said:

bolton.png

Brought in Ben Woodburn on loan, a panic signing really because I'm skint.

What a volley Jason Lowe scored to beat Mansfield, one of they goals you do a wee jump yourself :lol:

Promotion beckoning? 

I fancied a new challenge and started a game with Casa Pia in the Portugese 2nd division. Expected to finish rock bottom of the league, 95% of the squad contracts expire end of the first season, alot of loans and barely any money. But so far doing amazing. Sitting 8th end of December and reached the quarters of the Portugese Cup where I was expected to get elimated four rounds ago. Lost 2-1 away to Sporting Lisbon. 

I'm not going to get promoted but the only plus is they have excellent youth facilities and got a good intake so going to try and build a team. Losing most my good players on pre contracts as they didn't want to resign. Going to be a challenge and a half. 

8 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Started game up as kaiserslutern. No money and pritty pish team

Big club historically, would be a great achievement to get them back playing consistently in the Bundesliga

10 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Promotion beckoning? 

I fancied a new challenge and started a game with Casa Pia in the Portugese 2nd division. Expected to finish rock bottom of the league, 95% of the squad contracts expire end of the first season, alot of loans and barely any money. But so far doing amazing. Sitting 8th end of December and reached the quarters of the Portugese Cup where I was expected to get elimated four rounds ago. Lost 2-1 away to Sporting Lisbon. 

I'm not going to get promoted but the only plus is they have excellent youth facilities and got a good intake so going to try and build a team. Losing most my good players on pre contracts as they didn't want to resign. Going to be a challenge and a half. 

Doubt it mate, Derby and Hull came down along with Luton and ill probably have a player or two stolen before the transfer window closes.

So Michael Laudrup got the Rangers job. I did get a nice compliment that had the time been right I may have been right for the vision of the club or something along those lines 😂.

Back to Cove Rangers it is. League one about to kick off. Got a tough betfted Cup group again. Got a couple of decent young players in youth intake so I might fast track one. Ive made a few decent bosman signings but like previous games Ive played with lower league teams I need to make sure contracts I offered in year previous don't cripple me with promotion bonuses 😔

On 03/06/2020 at 13:13, FlippinEck said:

Bizarre he left with them doing well.

Murty oot. He lost the last old firm game at Ibrox that basically lost us the league. I was in attendance 😂. I was sitting raging at that 

This is why I can't play FM and not be Rangers for long. I keep on checking them and then I get raging when they fuck up. This always has to be rectified pronto and then my 'slowly work my way up the leagues from nobody to legend' game just becomes another Rangers save instead. :lol: 

ready1873 likes this

Just managed to sign Carlos Kameni on a free contract for £210 a week after his release from Fenerbache :lol: 

edit: Managed to get Jason Holt, buzzing. Had to max out every contractual bonus/offer to get him mind you...

Rangers have had a pish transfer window. They got £13.5M for Katic and £1.5M Middleton and spent £3.5M. Their best signing a bosman signing of a Croatian DM with a value of £5.5Million. A couple of loan players, mainly Arzani from Man City. He already has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games. More than he did in 22 appearances for celtic the season before. They have got some striker on loan from Leicester, worth £12M with shit finishing attributes along with Ben Woodburn. They spent £600k on a shit hot 16 year old midfielder from Ross county who could end up decent. 3 points behind celtic after the first 4 games. Friday night old firm game coming up :lol: 

falkirkNS likes this

Steve Clarke just won us the league and stopped the 10 in my save. Also Connor Goldson is playing for celtic.

Second season with Birmingham City in the Premier League and I've started as badly as I did the first :lol: hoping for a similar upturn in fortunes.

Grouped with Lille, Astana & Hammarby which tbh could have been tougher. Lost away at Lille but hammered Astana at home.

Papped out the League Cup by Chelsea right away.

Tbh, I can see me moving on once Europe is out of the way but given how mental last season was, that could well end up being May :lol:

My team for anyone interested.

Esposito is on loan once again from Inter Milan. He's pretty excellent actually and can play out wide as well as up top when Hurtado is injured or suspended.

Williams on loan from Manchester United, whilst Martinelli is on loan from Arsenal.

The rest of the squad are on permanent contracts.

1748142588_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.f0bbb42c122f1d624ac3cfec345c25a2.png

Started a new save with Rangers yesterday. 2 clear of Motherwell, 3 clear of the papes, with a game in hand.

image.thumb.png.d195bfc8f078ca06f97a6c50889def81.png

Done some decent business in the window. 

image.thumb.png.dde1c6d14578518c81b1982ea7d7f77e.png

A player I've stood by in this game is Raimundo Lucera from Palermo. Used to sign him, Antony Angileri and Antonino Gallo from them on last years FM and Lucera is just as good this year: 

image.thumb.png.9b21d331e87e9e8aabd014cd60cb40eb.png

Mr Soprano and esquire8 like this

14 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Started a new save with Rangers yesterday. 2 clear of Motherwell, 3 clear of the papes, with a game in hand.

A player I've stood by in this game is Raimundo Lucera from Palermo. Used to sign him, Antony Angileri and Antonino Gallo from them on last years FM and Lucera is just as good this year: 

That's a cracking looking skin mate.

falkirkNS likes this

40 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Scott arfield at gremio could possibly be the most random transfer ever 😂😂

54 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

My team for anyone interested.

Esposito is on loan once again from Inter Milan. He's pretty excellent actually and can play out wide as well as up top when Hurtado is injured or suspended.

Williams on loan from Manchester United, whilst Martinelli is on loan from Arsenal.

The rest of the squad are on permanent contracts.

1748142588_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.f0bbb42c122f1d624ac3cfec345c25a2.png

Look after Bellingham and you will cash in big time in the future!

esquire8 and Mr Soprano like this