**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Ended up scunnered with my Birmingham save and joined Man U. Hardly touched it since :lol:

Wanting to start a new one but unsure as to which side. Seriously considering an 1860 Munich one.

I done a kaiserslutern save which was decent 3rd division still get large attendances. I got sacked after a year tho😂😂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Any decent websites to download graphic packs?

And also can anyone recommend a team to manage?

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

Take your pick. I personally use the cutout faces and metallic logos.

As for teams, just go whoever takes your fancy. If you are just staritng on FM I'd suggest a big team to get to grips with the game.

1 hour ago, aird said:

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

Take your pick. I personally use the cutout faces and metallic logos.

As for teams, just go whoever takes your fancy. If you are just staritng on FM I'd suggest a big team to get to grips with the game.

Thanks for the link mate.

Started with Sunderland hopefully can bring the success back 

28 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Thanks for the link mate.

Started with Sunderland hopefully can bring the success back 

I started a Sunderland game a while ago. You get taken over quite early. I got about £7m to spend. 

Well that's 8 in a row wrapped up and a cheeky champions league win to go with it. Steam rolling domestically but has only been my 2nd european trophy. Ross McCrorie the only one left standing from the first season. Got an Argentinian regen who just pumped in 65 goals this season. £700m in the bank and £3m spare wage budget.

Picked this up the other day on Epic for free. Haven't played Injury Manager since 2016. Halfway through my first season as Rangers. Just blew my entire load on signing Matías Arezo from River Plate's youth team. Had to pay £1m in compensation but he's 17 and already worth 700k, so I imagine I'll have no issues recovering that cost. He'll likely be the replacement for Morelos.

For some reason Everton bid £1m for 38 year old Shagger who was raging that I rejected it and now he's a grumpy auld bastard. I've just stolen Cláudio Ramos from Tondela on a pre-contract to be my #1 until Robby McCrorie takes over. 

Wee Alfie and Barker have been scoring the majority of my goals. Barker especially has been ridiculously good.

8 hours ago, YearsofWar said:

Picked this up the other day on Epic for free. Haven't played Injury Manager since 2016. Halfway through my first season as Rangers. Just blew my entire load on signing Matías Arezo from River Plate's youth team. Had to pay £1m in compensation but he's 17 and already worth 700k, so I imagine I'll have no issues recovering that cost. He'll likely be the replacement for Morelos.

For some reason Everton bid £1m for 38 year old Shagger who was raging that I rejected it and now he's a grumpy auld bastard. I've just stolen Cláudio Ramos from Tondela on a pre-contract to be my #1 until Robby McCrorie takes over. 

Wee Alfie and Barker have been scoring the majority of my goals. Barker especially has been ridiculously good.

Arezo turns into a world class player very quickly. Get him along with Thiago Almada and your sorted. 

12 hours ago, Bossorange said:

Confirmed to be coming to Xbox. Wish it was out for ps5 ffs

Football manager on console is horrible fyi. And it's a touch version like on switch. Playstation weren't interested in that.

Give it a couple weeks after release on xbox and see a repeat of when it was on the original xbox. Football manager, big TVs and a control pad just don't mix.

Just finished a season with Chelsea with updated squads. Came 3rd with 87 points, that would normally be enough to win it or seriously challenge but Liverpool got 96 and City 100 :lol:

Man Utd knocked me out of the Champions League in the quarters and FA Cup in the semis. Infuriating after finishing 26 points ahead of them.

Is Kane Ritchie-Hosler is worth keeping? He did well in the U18 and Reserve leagues for me and now he's averaging 7.24 on loan at Dundee United. Seems like a good wee player but I don't know how well he develops.

I signed this wee Bulgarian guy on a free. My scouts are saying he has 3.5~4.5 potential and "Could become a star player and potentially a lot better than Ryan Jack". I don't know how much young players can improve in this game but this guy seems like he could be decent. I think I maybe fucked it by sending him on loan to Ayr United. I figured first team football with shite training facilities would be more beneficial than reserve league with good facilities, dunno if that was wise or not. It's good sign that he's actually getting 1st team football there, though.

LZcMy2t.png

38 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

Is Kane Ritchie-Hosler is worth keeping? He did well in the U18 and Reserve leagues for me and now he's averaging 7.24 on loan at Dundee United. Seems like a good wee player but I don't know how well he develops.

I signed this wee Bulgarian guy on a free. My scouts are saying he has 3.5~4.5 potential and "Could become a star player and potentially a lot better than Ryan Jack". I don't know how much young players can improve in this game but this guy seems like he could be decent. I think I maybe fucked it by sending him on loan to Ayr United. I figured first team football with shite training facilities would be more beneficial than reserve league with good facilities, dunno if that was wise or not. It's good sign that he's actually getting 1st team football there, though.

LZcMy2t.png

KRH usually does good and can become a good IF for the left wing. You need to loan him out a good few seasons though as he doesn't kick on until about 21ish. 

Your regen looks good. Good mentals anyway. For loaning out always check for clubs with the best training facilities and shortlist them, shite training facilities on a loan will just stunt his development. But you're right, 1st team football is far better than reserve football, but do try to hold them off being loaned out until the mature out of the u18 team so 19 would be the best age to loan out. 15-18 yo are better off staying and training with your other youngsters.

Archived