**Official Football Manager 20 thread**

MrMeeseeks

On 08/04/2020 at 17:25, lewislaudrup said:

What one you getting mate? Let me know how it runs i need to get a new one.

I ended up going a bit over budget and buying this one, but it runs seamlessly. I’ve never had FM run faster or smoother.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-nitro-5-an515-54-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1050-256-gb-ssd-10202545-pdt.html

Worth pointing out I managed to buy it when it was on some deal at ~£550.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

I ended up going a bit over budget and buying this one, but it runs seamlessly. I’ve never had FM run faster or smoother.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-nitro-5-an515-54-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1050-256-gb-ssd-10202545-pdt.html

Worth pointing out I managed to buy it when it was on some deal at ~£550.

Good buy mate. Gaming laptop defo the way to go for fm.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2020 at 03:07, tm91 said:

Going for my third consecutive treble. Just when I thought I'd fucked it and had the game lost in a smash and grab...

image.thumb.png.95aab1e2a5e31fb91c3eacd6b702a062.png

Yasss get it up you fucking orc cunts.

Armini is World Class but this was too much to turn down in my game.

Armini.PNG

Seen this alot on FM in recent years but can't put my finger on it. In my 4th season with Rangers and flying in the CL. Fucked Bayern away 3-0 and Shakhtar 6-0 away in the groups, also beating Valencia and cruising through. But my domestic form is shocking. Only end of December and 11 points behind the taigs and was put out the Betfred semis.

Tried altering my formation and style but nothings working. Doing my tits right in. 

8 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Seen this alot on FM in recent years but can't put my finger on it. In my 4th season with Rangers and flying in the CL. Fucked Bayern away 3-0 and Shakhtar 6-0 away in the groups, also beating Valencia and cruising through. But my domestic form is shocking. Only end of December and 11 points behind the taigs and was put out the Betfred semis.

Tried altering my formation and style but nothings working. Doing my tits right in. 

Its like true to life then beat the best portugal has then fucking brutal against Hearts hamilton etc

34 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

new to this game.  anywhere i can get the proper badges etc for certain leagues

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

I personally use the cut out faces and metallic logos. 

I also recommend the real name fix to fix the dodgy Brazilian team and Juventus names:

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/50426/fm2020-licensing-and-real-name-fix-file-v01-for-fm20-beta-awaiting-release

I went into lockdown with my girlfriend and don't have my pc. Chocking for a game of fm :megaanguish:

Got this with Xbox ultimate game pass. Pleasing considering I nearly forked out for the game!

Went Cove Rangers, fancied something different. Its tough. Got Amine Linganzi on a free which is decent considering his stats. Spent ages trawling Vanarama leagues for players (80k budget, 2k wages) and got a couple wingers. Got couple players on loan and had a couple old firm players lined up before I realised I had used all my loans. Bought Scott Glover from St Mirren who has decent stats so he will be one for future. Got beat away to St Johnstone first betfred game 1-0, didnt have a shot on goal but happy to have kept it down. Won next 2 games against Montrose and Peterhead 6-1 and 5-1. Mccalister enjoyed his reunion with Peterhead! Wanted Kyle McLean after his St Johnstone release but he joined Ayr and got papped in their reserves. Got Jack McCourt ex WBA and Ross county youngster for left back and he has set up a few goals already.

Once I've got my team settled which is the hardest part right now and a few games in I'll post an update.

23 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Got this with Xbox ultimate game pass. Pleasing considering I nearly forked out for the game!

Went Cove Rangers, fancied something different. Its tough. Got Amine Linganzi on a free which is decent considering his stats. Spent ages trawling Vanarama leagues for players (80k budget, 2k wages) and got a couple wingers. Got couple players on loan and had a couple old firm players lined up before I realised I had used all my loans. Bought Scott Glover from St Mirren who has decent stats so he will be one for future. Got beat away to St Johnstone first betfred game 1-0, didnt have a shot on goal but happy to have kept it down. Won next 2 games against Montrose and Peterhead 6-1 and 5-1. Mccalister enjoyed his reunion with Peterhead! Wanted Kyle McLean after his St Johnstone release but he joined Ayr and got papped in their reserves. Got Jack McCourt ex WBA and Ross county youngster for left back and he has set up a few goals already.

Once I've got my team settled which is the hardest part right now and a few games in I'll post an update.

Wish they'd put this on consoles at times. That's the kinda thing I like doing 

18 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Wish they'd put this on consoles at times. That's the kinda thing I like doing 

Haven't played a footy manager game on console since prob an LMA game donkeys ago! I had a '98 one on ps1 that took a whole memory card to save which was a bitch! Taking advantage of my Xbox game pass on pc atm and got Streets of rage 4 aswell. Brilliant stuff haha

On 11/04/2020 at 03:38, ready1873 said:

Doing a season with Hearts. Fancied trying Scotland but canny go us cos I get far too worked up and break things. Geniunly smashed the laptop last time I was us. 

Started well bar a 5-1 pumping at the paedodome. They cunts are far too good. Beat us 2-0 at Tynecastle which before Christmas has basically handed them the league. 

I lost a pc cause of  going Rangers around 2005. Smashed the fucker to bits after injury time goal cost me the treble

No money, board accepting offers for my players, cant offer my coaching staff what they want and Daryl Murphy has retired :headwall:

I'm expected to fight bravely against relegation this season so thats achievable.

Started a game with us on CM 01/02.  Beat Liverpool 3-2 on over 2 legs to qualify for the CL. Top of the league after 6 games but lost 3-1 away to the fenians,cunts got a penalty after I went one nil up then I had Arveladze sent off 2 mins before HT. 

Signed Mexes and Aghahowa. RdB wants to leave,fuck him.

3 minutes ago, Sket said:

Started a game with us on CM 01/02.  Beat Liverpool 3-2 on over 2 legs to qualify for the CL. Top of the league after 6 games but lost 3-1 away to the fenians,cunts got a penalty after I went one nil up then I had Arveladze sent off 2 mins before HT. 

Signed Mexes and Aghahowa. RdB wants to leave,fuck him.

We are frightening in the game. 

I got to champions league semis in first season beating barca and real on the way. 

Second season I went through top of my group with Liverpool and real. 

Into second group stage now and about 11 clear at the top of the league. 

Papes signed hakan sukur and he's amazing for them so if he's about for around 4 million get him. If not spend the 11 on shearer 

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We are frightening in the game. 

I got to champions league semis in first season beating barca and real on the way. 

Second season I went through top of my group with Liverpool and real. 

Into second group stage now and about 11 clear at the top of the league. 

Papes signed hakan sukur and he's amazing for them so if he's about for around 4 million get him. If not spend the 11 on shearer 

Just been scudded 3-0 away to Barca then Killie and picked up 3 injuries. Game over.

Archived