And if we face celtic in the final .........................

The Widow's Son

I remember DJ making his Rangers debut (sure it was the week before ) against cowdenbeath at Ibrox and even though he scored twice in a 5-0 win I thought he was a big cart horse  so when I saw he was playing in the final I thought we were we were fucked before a ball was kicked, what the fuck did I know, as others have said we should have won by more that day and leaving the ground that day there was that feeling that now that the jinx was broken we can now go on and win more

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MisterC said:

In fact most of the, even at that time, record crowds were way underestimated. Most congested game I was at was thw 126,000  in the 73 cup final, guaranteed an extra15-20 thousand were unaccounted for. Add to that the copious ammounts of booze that were drunk before the game, then smuggled in, it really was a crazy, but brilliant atmosphere, never to be matched again. 

The Princess of Kent was in attendance.
She must have been scrubbing the red dust off herself for hours.
Remember having to jump in the bath when I realised my legs were clatty from above where my socks were.
When the crowd came back down it was a big red cloud went up and musta covered half of Glasgow.
How many times has time stood still for you when Big Tam was getting to that ball for the winner?? :thumbsup:

Absolutely mental and the best of times ever. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

Only the tarriers mate  .....  but they don't matter so fuck them ..... and for that I thank you and the whole 1970 cup final team for restoring our pride that day ..... which gave us bragging rights that we of a certain pedigree can still  feel pride in today. 

:UK: 

Short term memory aint that good Bobby mate. :thinking:
The long term memories will stay forever.:cup:

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Remember having to jump in the bath when I realised my legs were clatty from above where my socks were.
When the crowd came back down it was a big red cloud went up and musta covered half of Glasgow.
How many times has time stood still for you when Big Tam was getting to that ball for the winner?? :thumbsup:

Don't remember the red cloud it was black ash, after games at hampden you looked like a miner. 

1 hour ago, LV said:

Don't remember the red cloud it was black ash, after games at hampden you looked like a miner. 

Bout to say the same, everytime you blew your nose for days after your hanky was clarity........  And that blend of ash and push on your jeans..... Great days

14 hours ago, LV said:

Don't remember the red cloud it was black ash,

Aye ok!!!!….the red ash from the track must have got mixed through the black ash from the terrace.
suppose it would depend what the dominant colour of the ash was to produce a fuckin kinda red cloud.
ffs...it was 46 years ago.  

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Aye ok!!!!….the red ash from the track must have got mixed through the black ash from the terrace.
suppose it would depend what the dominant colour of the ash was to produce a fuckin kinda red cloud.
ffs...it was 46 years ago.  

It was black ash on the terraces. When I got home after my first visit to Hampden with my Da, my Mum nearly had a fit at the state I was in, thrown straight into the bath, took about a weeks scrubbing to get rid of the tide mark from the tub. Also remember coughing up the shit from my lungs for a couple of days after. The good old days indeed.

22 hours ago, tannerall said:

Agree 100%, it simply wasn't safe, but surprisingly it was the best of times atmosphere wise. 

10,000+huddle and bouncy every time we scored. and you'd end up 10s of yards away from the starting point. 

Not to mention the big cloud of dust every time we scored . 

Edit . Aw fuck , I see everyone else now talking about the dust :lol: 

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Not to mention the big cloud of dust every time we scored . 

Edit . Aw fuck , I see everyone else now talking about the dust :lol: 

It has become a pissing contest about the colour of the dust cloud.
I coulda swore it was red,but have been challenged on this ,by it being pointed out it was black.
Me personally am now going for a dark burgundy :mutley:

Thank fuck I can remember the 3rd goal by Tam. 

21 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

I know the younger ones just go , old cunts to us.... but you and guys like ourselves  know ,how mind blowing it was . Nothing now can touch it . Nothing

5 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

I coulda swore it was red,but have been challenged on this ,by it being pointed out it was black.

I'm staying out it mate :lol:

Though it it was kinda greyish . ( trying to help you here :lol: ) 

7 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

It was smokey  grey for me :whistle: .

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I know the younger ones just go , old cunts to us.... but you and guys like ourselves  know ,how mind blowing it was . Nothing now can touch it . Nothing

Aye , any time we scored you just grabbed the guy next to you as though he was your best mate . Then you'ld end up about 10 yards from where you originally stood if it was really busy . 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Aye , any time we scored you just grabbed the guy next to you as though he was your best mate . Then you'ld end up about 10 yards from where you originally stood if it was really busy . 

Memories enough to last a life time. :cup::thumbsup:

Archived