Alfredo

harrybluebear

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

We absolutely are a selling club.

The reason we haven't cashed in on anyone is because we essentially had to start again and if we sold our most valuable assets it would be almost impossible to make any progress on the park. 

So if we haven’t sold anyone how does that make us a selling club? 

that’s just folk making things up

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

That's mainly down to our circumstances of late and not having too many valuable assets, when we did have assets we tended to sell although not as frequently as the beasts were doing....off the top of my head....Gio, Hutton & Cuellar....other notables BF but he wanted to try England and Jelavic purely for financial reasons, I genuinely can't think of many more that we sold to make good money on them

A strategy for many clubs is to move players on whenever it suits both parties for either a profit or not. 

“Selling clubs”  move players on sacrificing success for cash.  

we’re not a selling club 

You could see all night he was keen for us to push up just before the goal he was shouting to the players to get the ball up quicker when Jack played the ball up his first touch allowed him to place it into the corner anywhere else and their goalkeeper saved it, great assist for the second goal. 

44 minutes ago, lgr1991 said:

Almost equalled Edourd's total goals from last season, in November. 

How anyone can argue who the best striker in Scotland is beyond me 🤣

Aye but heeesth no' thscoared agenst ra thsellik

11 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Who have we sold? As a selling club I mean  

does it feel to you that we get rid of our most valuable assets for decent cash as many “selling clubs” do?

Alfredo has fell in love and will be here for the foreseeable and we are definitely not a selling club. 

Heads in the sand buddy 

9 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Don't care where the wee man ends up, but when he's finished his career he won't recall a better support/stadium all singing his name.  After his goal last night was outstanding. 

love to now what he was yelling at the crowd when he scored -- was pumped up 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

love to now what he was yelling at the crowd when he scored -- was pumped up 

He was like the Hulk being swamped by bad guys, except it was his teammates, where he makes a massive flex of muscle and sends them sprawling in all directions :lol:

He shrugged off Goldson like he was a lightweight before big Helander ran up laughing and enjoying the whole scenario.

Superb stuff.

21 hours ago, hammer93 said:

That's mainly down to our circumstances of late and not having too many valuable assets, when we did have assets we tended to sell although not as frequently as the beasts were doing....off the top of my head....Gio, Hutton & Cuellar....other notables BF but he wanted to try England and Jelavic purely for financial reasons, I genuinely can't think of many more that we sold to make good money on them

Boumsong

28 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Down the line we will become a selling club but not before we start winning trophies. Until then our best players are staying put.

Every club in football is a selling club if the number of £££s heading in are correct.

Just watched the Porto highlights again on RTV and that first touch before he scored was very reminiscent of Defoe's sublime touch before he scored against the sheep last year at pittodrie, could this be another indication of Defoe's influence on Alfredo? I'd really like to think so, the one fluid movement was exquisite to watch and the execution was immaculate.

18 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Just watched the Porto highlights again on RTV and that first touch before he scored was very reminiscent of Defoe's sublime touch before he scored against the sheep last year at pittodrie, could this be another indication of Defoe's influence on Alfredo? I'd really like to think so, the one fluid movement was exquisite to watch and the execution was immaculate.

It’s definitely something I’d have told you he wasn’t capable of prior to this season 

His touch, control, link up, heading and passing has all improved at a ridiculous rate and they can still get even better. 

If he adds an ability to shoot from distance to his repertoire then he really will be the complete forward but maybe that’s just being greedy with the wealth of talents he already has 

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

It’s definitely something I’d have told you he wasn’t capable of prior to this season 

His touch, control, link up, heading and passing has all improved at a ridiculous rate and they can still get even better. 

If he adds an ability to shoot from distance to his repertoire then he really will be the complete forward but maybe that’s just being greedy with the wealth of talents he already has 

All of that and he’s much more composed in front of goal

Just now, They Gnu said:

All of that and he’s much more composed in front of goal

Definitely he used to have a touch of the Kenny Miller about him that when he got time to think or a one on one you’d expect him to hit the keeper with it or put it wide but now he’s absolutely lethal from them. A very impressive quick turn around in that regard as well 

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Against Hearts Morelos controlled the ball then kicked it in the net in one movement.  

Archived