Helander

ForeverBlue92

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really starting to take to him. His pace is a bit of a concern, but besides that he's been fantastic. Tackling, passing, last ditch defending... Now even adding goals. Think he's gonna prove to be well worth the 3.5mil and be the player Gerrard promised us.

Thought he started slowly and got caught under a couple of high balls. Although there's a passage of play in the second half where experience shows as  Ikpeazu takes the ball with his back to goal and Helander just stays off him half a yard and takes the ball on the turn. In the league game Katic kept getting to close and was out muscled a couple of times.

10 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Him and Katic. Goldson is the weak link, again fucking about first 10 minutes and giving away possession 

Goldson was poor today . Only covered up with a inept Hearts side

I used to love the big guy . Now I think he needs dropped for Katic. Unlikely

13 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Has he played beside Katic yet? I know a lot of people like the look of Edmundson, but I think the 2 of them could be a great pairing.

No he has only played with goldson and Edmundson. 

I agree helander and Katic could be some partnership at the back for us. 

He's slow, and that's a worry. He reads the game well which deals with lack of pace to an extent, but I do think a team will soon target him with playing a whippet against him and he'll struggle.

Hes done really well in the opponent box. Today was cracking reading of play by him.

Definite pass marks so far, but the pace is concerning. 

He reminds me of Davie Weir. No pace but a huge physical presence and reads the game very well. Some of his tackles in Europe have been top drawer.  He doesn't have a record of scoring for his previous clubs so it is a pleasant surprise that he is doing it for us.

He has settled in relatively quickly. I can see why Gerrard spent so much money signing him now. 

9 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Thought he started slowly and got caught under a couple of high balls. Although there's a passage of play in the second half where experience shows as  Ikpeazu takes the ball with his back to goal and Helander just stays off him half a yard and takes the ball on the turn. In the league game Katic kept getting to close and was out muscled a couple of times.

Spot on 👍

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He reminds me of Davie Weir. No pace but a huge physical presence and reads the game very well. Some of his tackles in Europe have been top drawer. 

He has settled in relatively quickly. I can see why Gerrard spent so much money signing him now. 

Davie Weir is the exact comparison I was going to make. Makes up for the lack of pace with his positioning, main concern is that Goldson isn't the man to play beside him .

Just now, toolongawake said:

Davie Weir is the exact comparison I was going to make. Makes up for the lack of pace with his positioning, main concern is that Goldson isn't the man to play beside him .

Agree. You need at least one CB with pace or good teams will punish you.

4 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Agree. You need at least one CB with pace or good teams will punish you.

Love to know what Katic has done wrong , can’t be many teams in Europe continuously picks inferior players and leaves their best out , that’s last year and this now, actually surprised the big man signed , Every right to say fuck this I’m off , someone at the club keeps filling his head with this nonsense he wasn’t mentally ready to , he was excellent the start of last season and this , he’s being treated very poorly in my opinion 

Archived