Helander

ForeverBlue92

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's a decnt player, but nowhere near as good as Katic or Edmundson.

Goldson wasn't so great today either.

We shouldn't be settling for second best when we have better in the squad.  Down to the gaffer, so just let's hope it doesn't cost us.

Eh :lol: 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only problem is his pace I think he might be the slowest player I’ve ever seen but everything else is very good 

Goldson is the worst possible partner for him, get someone with a bit of recovery pace in and he’d play good football out from the back with Katic or Edmundson as well. Goldson too slow and reluctant to release the ball at time

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Great goal but at the back he got outran by a 37 year old, Goldson looked nervous today as well.

7 hours ago, Number5 said:

Just too slow.

He has loads of redeeming qualities, but that lack of pace is frightening.

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's a decnt player, but nowhere near as good as Katic or Edmundson.

Goldson wasn't so great today either.

We shouldn't be settling for second best when we have better in the squad.  Down to the gaffer, so just let's hope it doesn't cost us.

7 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Love to know what Katic has done wrong , can’t be many teams in Europe continuously picks inferior players and leaves their best out , that’s last year and this now, actually surprised the big man signed , Every right to say fuck this I’m off , someone at the club keeps filling his head with this nonsense he wasn’t mentally ready to , he was excellent the start of last season and this , he’s being treated very poorly in my opinion 

49 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

His shocking lack of pace will cost us dear sometimes and playing him and Goldson together gives me nightmares.    I also don't think Helander is particularly strong.  

Just to remind anyone who didn’t see the game, we won 3-0, Helander scored and we kept a clean sheet with total ease.

For a guy so unbelievably slow, he (and Goldson) didn’t do too badly against Porto and Feyenoord, both of whom have a multitude of quick players. Won us the game against Motherwell as well.

Aye but Livingston

Aye but Katic

lol

Also didn’t Katic struggle like fuck against Ikpeazu literally about two weeks ago? The same Ikpeazu that Helander dealt with easily yesterday?

The selective amnesia when it comes to Katic is embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering he’s better than Helander and Katic he should be eh pal 

Aye but he doesn’t run like Usain Bolt and go flying in to every single challenge so he must be shite

He’s now kept 7 clean sheets in 8 games btw (the exception being Young Boys where both goals were Tavernier’s fault, not his)

Not bad for a guy who is supposedly the slowest football player in history.

A couple of very important goals ££££. Wasn't sure about him, but he's starting to pay his way. My only worry is if we lose Katic before we can get a really good chunk of cash for him. I really want the big man to stay, as he has the potential to be a great Ranger. Would be hugely disappointed if this doesnt work out

You don’t need to be a speed merchant to be a decent centre back, ask Davie Weir.

Katic gets better every game he doesn’t play.

The big man scores a decent goal and keeps a clean sheet yet he’s a bombscare and needing dropped 🥴

3 hours ago, thehost said:

4th best CH, at the club. Has a turn of pace that I would expect of a 40 year old. Will be a bombscare, for many nights to come, when partnered with our 3rd best CH Goldson.

Will ultimately cost us the league.

You ok H**? PM me if you need to talk. Xxx

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I cannot take seriously anyone who claims Edmundson is one of the two best centre backs at the club.

He has played four full games - St Joseph's, Progres and Hamilton at home, and East Fife away. His only other substantial game time is 15 mins as a defensive midfielder against Aberdeen.

It hard to judge him till we see him in action looks decent but he needs a run of games.

7 hours ago, AF72 said:

Also didn’t Katic struggle like fuck against Ikpeazu literally about two weeks ago? The same Ikpeazu that Helander dealt with easily yesterday?

Going by Goldson they have been told not to challenge that big lump, which would be why Goldson let him have a free header yesterday from a corner that he should’ve scored with, thank fuck he is shite. 

As for your selective amnesia, can you tell us what Katic did wrong to get dropped?? 

7 hours ago, AF72 said:

Just to remind anyone who didn’t see the game, we won 3-0, Helander scored and we kept a clean sheet with total ease.

For a guy so unbelievably slow, he (and Goldson) didn’t do too badly against Porto and Feyenoord, both of whom have a multitude of quick players. Won us the game against Motherwell as well.

Aye but Livingston

Aye but Katic

lol

7 hours ago, AF72 said:

I love Niko Katic but you're spot on.

I like how the gaffer is picking players based on opponents and games. We have 4 quality centre backs, all with their own strengths and weaknesses. Rotating them hasn't done the team any harm so I'm happy for it to continue. 

7 hours ago, AF72 said:

He’s now kept 7 clean sheets in 8 games btw (the exception being Young Boys where both goals were Tavernier’s fault, not his)

Not bad for a guy who is supposedly the slowest football player in history.

What happened to your Bronzy log in?

Archived