Helander

ForeverBlue92

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Shite in training but. Made Dykes look like the absolute shite footballer he is

Dykes battered fuck out of the taigs defence ,Shows you how well both our centre backs played today that put him back to the level he actually is 

31 minutes ago, thehost said:

this the guy who the big n 9 waltzed by today?

he is fucking useless when it comes to turning and running, as is his partner

Fair play mate, never admit to being wrong, even if it means making shit up!!

1 minute ago, thehost said:

rewatch the match... the by ran by him, one of the first moves in the first half...… literally jogged by him

Fair point but I was more talking about your second sentence, they may be slowish (I do think goldson has got quicker this year) but useless they ain't!

1 minute ago, mus said:

Fair point but I was more talking about your second sentence, they may be slowish (I do think goldson has got quicker this year) but useless they ain't!

I specifically said they are useless when forced to turn and run.... they are good CH's but, to me, it seems weird to play two players who have the same specific weakness

I specifically said they are useless when forced to turn and run.... they are good CH's but, to me, it seems weird to play two players who have the same specific weakness

I would guess their experience is more important than the other cb's speed and the full backs are both pretty sharp

every game someone turns them and runs by them...… like every single game

But as yesterday even though they get done for pace in a straight line, helander still got goal side and stopped dykes from going anywhere, and I don't think their lack of pace has cost a single goal yet

3 hours ago, Ayrblue1 said:

I thinks he’s been brilliant recently but I worry about the cup final if he’s in the team. 

Purely on the fact he’s never played In a game v them never mind a cup final. 

He’s played against Juventus, Inter and AC Milan...

He’ll be fine with the OF atmosphere

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Don’t think it’ll be the atmosphere to be honest. The pace of the game is the main thing. If he’s put in for the final al not be raging, just a slight wee worry the occasion and speed among other things might rattle him. 

5 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Cunts expect both out centre backs to play like van Dijk at his best for every single minute they’re on the park 😆

cunts expect a manager to identify the strengths and weaknesses of his personnel and not play two players together who share the same strengths and weaknesses

26 minutes ago, thehost said:

cunts expect a manager to identify the strengths and weaknesses of his personnel and not play two players together who share the same strengths and weaknesses

4 clean sheets in a row shows the managers doing something right.

Moaning for the sake of moaning mate, would understand if we were actually leaking goals but the defence has been reasonably solid last few weeks.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Aye but I think he meant like a proper big team like the one that if Alfredo doesn't score against he'll not be worth 10 million

1 hour ago, thehost said:

He may not be the fastest but Dykes didn't run past him. Watch it again.

I was going to make a thread on the big man after his performance yesterday...

A lot was said after that midweek game at Livingstone, where him and Goldson had a tough time dealing with Dykes, Gerrard was seen on the pitch talking to him etc and the press jumped on it, even though we won!

Fast forward a week or two and celtic's "star £7m centre back" is bullied by Dykes as celtic lose 2-0 and he is criticised but not as much as Goldson and Helander were...

Then we have the match yesterday, at a horrible ground against the same attacker and I though Goldson and Helander strolled it.

Just goes to show that some times a bit of patience and a willingness to learn, even at 26, can help players improve!

Archived