*****Official Rangers v Porto Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Is there anything better than European nights at Ibrox?

I was jumping up and down with some guy I don't know just wailing " I fucking love you Rangers. I love you. I just fucking love you Rangers" over and over. I genuinely couldn't thinm of anything else to say I was in such a state of pure elation.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU Rangers!

One of the most special feelings EVER at a Rangers game. Just you and 50,000 mates!

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Gutted to miss this, was on a train back from London.  How did we play?

Brilliant result against a top team regardless and European clubs now know that we're back!

Took us the first half to get our finger out.  They had the best of it, but we held on.

We bossed the majority of the second half.  Morelos, Kamara Davis ad others all played outstanding and there only ever looked like one team winning it in the second half.

Just amazing.

As it stands, Scotland are up to 16th in the rankings - having started the campaign in 20th - after roaring past Croatia, Switzerland, Greece and Serbia. We are just a whisker behind Cyprus now.

If it stays that way, the season after next, two Scottish Premiership sides will be in the Champions League qualifiers, with three teams in the Europa League.

Just now, Siam69 said:

As it stands, Scotland are up to 16th in the rankings - having started the campaign in 20th - after roaring past Croatia, Switzerland, Greece and Serbia. We are just a whisker behind Cyprus now.

If it stays that way, the season after next, two Scottish Premiership sides will be in the Champions League qualifiers, with three teams in the Europa League.

I assume one of the two CL qualifiers will start at least a round further forward.

13 minutes ago, GM63 said:

Thank you all for your kind replies, what a family the Rangers family are, my wife is a fan too, and the best result is after five years we are worry free and capping it off was brilliant result a day we will never forget. Thank you all and thank you Rangers from my wife.

Delighted for you m8.

13 minutes ago, GM63 said:

Thank you all for your kind replies, what a family the Rangers family are, my wife is a fan too, and the best result is after five years we are worry free and capping it off was brilliant result a day we will never forget. Thank you all and thank you Rangers from my wife.

That is so good to hear bro, it really is.  Thank God for  her getting the all clear.  You both will waken up tomorrow feeling absolutely fantastic. All the very best from this bear to you and your good lady!😊

18 minutes ago, GM63 said:

All the best to you and your wife!

Superb result.

Feels fucking fantastic to actually fancy our chances against these teams!

Some massive performances. Special mention to Davis. Class. Looked like he had 2 or 3 secs more time on the ball than anyone else on the park.

Don't let these standards drop!

Believe it or not I nicked the below from the BBC match write up.

Not for the first time, Rangers faced a daunting task under a dark sky in Govan, only to send a household name away beleaguered and bemused into the chilled night. Spartak Moscow. Villarreal. Legia Warsaw. Feyenoord. And now Porto. Each have come to Glasgow, all sent away again without even scoring a goal.

Archived