Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

*****Official Rangers v Porto Match Thread*****

18 minutes ago, GM63 said:

Thank you all for your kind replies, what a family the Rangers family are, my wife is a fan too, and the best result is after five years we are worry free and capping it off was brilliant result a day we will never forget. Thank you all and thank you Rangers from my wife.

All the best to you and your wife!

GM63 likes this

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Will be hard to keep Morelos and Gerrard on these performances.

Perhaps Morelos, but Gerrard has stated this is a long term project.

Superb result.

Feels fucking fantastic to actually fancy our chances against these teams!

Some massive performances. Special mention to Davis. Class. Looked like he had 2 or 3 secs more time on the ball than anyone else on the park.

Don't let these standards drop!

38 minutes ago, GM63 said:

What a day, my wife gets the all clear from the cancer clinic (thank you NHS) and then this result! I’m buzzing!

Great news for you both mate. 👍

GM63 likes this

Believe it or not I nicked the below from the BBC match write up.

Not for the first time, Rangers faced a daunting task under a dark sky in Govan, only to send a household name away beleaguered and bemused into the chilled night. Spartak Moscow. Villarreal. Legia Warsaw. Feyenoord. And now Porto. Each have come to Glasgow, all sent away again without even scoring a goal.

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Quarter finalists 

I sorted it right after haha 

you must have been in there quick 

hammer93 likes this

Thought Porto looked a very good team first half, which is a compliment to us to come through with the win. 

Second half we were more up to speed, Buffalo was immense as was Davis. 

Lets finish the job on wee Dick. 

6 minutes ago, badjon said:

Not for the first time, Rangers faced a daunting task under a dark sky in Govan, only to send a household name away beleaguered and bemused into the chilled night. Spartak Moscow. Villarreal. Legia Warsaw. Feyenoord. And now Porto. Each have come to Glasgow, all sent away again without even scoring a goal.

Times they are achanging,they be back at Ibrox soon.

eejay the dj likes this

8 minutes ago, badjon said:

Must have been written by a BBC pundit down there , no way thats from the Glasgow offices.........

eejay the dj likes this

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Going into the draw for this Porto were ranked 3rd top team in the competition, we were ranked third bottom.

Get it up them.

Unreal! 

11 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Just in fucking freezing, snottery, and fucking delirious, cant believe what I just seen, so proud of my team, Goldson was fucking immense, Kamara, what was it 50k we paid for him? terrific, Davis too, and Alfredo, running out of superlatives for him, all football fans are guilty of exaggerating a players quality but that boy is the real fucking deal, fantastic finish from him and top quality assist for Davis.

What a night, got the day of tomoz and I'm gonna get fucking rattled, fucking love Rangers.

Big man you’ve mirrored my feelings to the fucking letter. Roll up that note and set out that party line 

fucking yes brother 

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Must have been written by a BBC pundit down there , no way thats from the Glasgow offices.........

By Scott Mullen

BBC Sport Scotland.

The latest Tweets from Scott Mullen (@scottmullen87). Senior journalist for BBC Sport Scotland. Former head of sport of The Herald, Sunday Herald & Evening ...

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So happy. Rode out a bit of an onslaught first half although they had only a couple of shots...then second half BOOM

what a noise too, just magic you know...

33A0492E-912A-44BB-8C56-603B8A875E2B.jpeg

DC162671-1884-427B-88B2-EAEEC63961FF.jpeg

Brilliant to see!

Sparkle likes this