Goldson's comments

the cry was no

Just read an article (seems to be in a few outlets) where Goldson slated Steven McLean for his antics on Sunday and, not before time, the general acceptance of hammer thrower forwards battering defenders with elbows etc in the Scottish game.

In the interview he said 

“If he hadn’t already been on a yellow he’d have been booked for his next foul but the referee said he didn’t want to ruin a semi-final by sending him off for something so silly." with regard to McLean's lunge at McGregor

If true (and I don't doubt it for a minute) Beaton should be hammered for this. Pisses me off when refs think it's their job to balance a game out instead of just applying the rules.

It's just luck that we haven't had more than Aribo seriously injured by flying elbows and too often we are lucky to get a free kick for these assaults

Well done CG for speaking out

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt the usual knuckle draggers will be out in the media saying he can't handle the 'rough and tumble' of Scottish football.

I mean last week, they were still going on about Bowman's elbow on Cardoso as though it was one of those great semi final moments. 

No wonder Scottish football is ridiculed. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

No doubt the usual knuckle draggers will be out in the media saying he can't handle the 'rough and tumble' of Scottish football.

I mean last week, they were still going on about Moult's elbow on Cardoso as though it was one of those great semi final moments. 

Mind when we played them again after that their captain glorified it in a press conference :lol:

11 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Clever timing of the comments anyway. Easy to say this after a poor result and have it thrown back as sour grapes, but after a comfortable win, he’s just making a good point.

It is very good timing on goldson part. 

No doubt the critics will still pounce with crap about the physicality of  the Scottish game. 

Game won't improve until it's cracked down on. 

35 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Pisses me off when refs think it's their job to balance a game out instead of just applying the rules.

This is spot on. Boils my piss too when refs fail to apply to the rules of the game fairly. Usually find this happens when we're 2-3 goals up on the opposition. So as to spare their blushes further and avoid them getting a complete battering, they fail to send off opposition players for blatent red card/second yellow offences. Listen ref, just do your job and apply the laws of the game correctly and stop trying to even the game out.

Too many hammer throwers in Scottish football. Most can't play attractive football so they just try and batter our players into submission. It's no wonder that our international squad is a joke and light years behind most other nations in Europe...nations that have players that actually try and play Football rather than Kung-Fu.

39 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Clever timing of the comments anyway. Easy to say this after a poor result and have it thrown back as sour grapes, but after a comfortable win, he’s just making a good point.

Excellent timing considering it’s Livi away next in the league as well. 

John Beaton though, what an utter clown. 

That’s why when teams outwith the old firm play in Europe they get their arse felt.

Teams looking to stifle a game rather than play football, they get away with it up here.

Fuck sake, allegedly the 3rd best team in Scotland got beat by a load of farmers and binmen from Wales.

Goldson's main point is that the referee didn't want to ruin the occasion by sending off McLean .  Yes, he should have had a 2nd yellow and therefore sent off.

It is not up to the referee to decide otherwise because it was a cup semi-final, his job is to apply the rules of the game, which in this case, he failed.

If we had the roughest team in the league discipline would be a key issue. 

If we had the weakest team in the league it would be the rough and tumble type comments. 

Basically whatever we do they'll set the agenda as the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I mean last week, they were still going on about Moult's elbow on Cardoso as though it was one of those great semi final moments. 

Wasn't moult mate it was that wanker bowen.....another fuckin hammer thrower.

10 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

***Breaking News***....Goldson to be cited for bringing the game into disrepute!!!

No he's not

You just made the whole thing up to seek attention.

If you're going to try the "it was just a joke" patter, nobody believes you. Eejit.

20 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

No he's not

You just made the whole thing up to seek attention.

If you're going to try the "it was just a joke" patter, nobody believes you. Eejit.

I think you're probably the only person that took his post seriously there 

Archived