Colts Host Wrexham At Ibrox - 16th Nov at 3pm

Ace

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

I canny get my head round those vermin :lol:

Imagine being asked if you fancied giving money to celtic to go watch their youth team play at Parkhead in amongst a non-league away support. There was even one cunt in the Rangers end who seemed to get a battering.

Boggles the fucking mind.

Three words ........ Sad Fenian Bastards 

Report from the Wrexham website 

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/report-Rangers-colts-2-0-wrexham

Wrexham’s Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup campaign is over after a young Dragons side lost at Ibrox to Rangers Colts.

Jamie Barjonas and Nathan Young-Coombes scored for a strong Gers team that included former England international Jon Flanagan and ex-Oldham centre-back George Edmundson.

Wrexham, by contrast, handed a first start to Kyle Robinson-Murray in a similarly young team to the one used against St Mirren Colts in the previous round.

Matt Jones, Bobby Beaumont and Max Cleworth started again, while Doug Tharme captained the team and Christian Dibble returned in goal.

Dibble was involved early too, spilling James Maxwell’s initial effort on seven minutes before diving gratefully on the rebound.

Nathan Patterson was next to go close for Rangers, volleying just wide with a scissor-kicked effort from 20 yards after a corner was half-cleared on 13 minutes.

Rangers enjoyed plenty of early attacking possession, forcing a string of corners, and Barjonas then sliced wide left-footed on 20 minutes.

Wrexham’s first chance fell to Jason Oswell, after Leighton McIntosh chested down a long ball into the area, but the striker fired wide from a tight angle on 21 minutes.

At the other end, Kai Kennedy shot wildly over in the 23rd minute but Barjonas was much closer three minutes later when he curled just wide from 20 yards.

Leighton McIntosh cut inside on 29 minutes, took the ball down and fired goalwards, but Gers keeper Kieran Wright parried clear.

Good link-up play by Devonte Redmond created another chance on 34 minutes, when his low cross was eventually worked to Robinson-Murray, but the young winger shot over.

And just a minute later, Rangers were in front – Barjonas beat the offside trap and raced onto a through ball to finish coolly past Dibble from inside the area.

Former England international Jon Flanagan almost doubled the lead on 40 minutes, with a sweetly-struck volley from a deep cross, but Dibble parried wide.

At the other end, on 44 minutes, Beaumont’s low cross – after Redmond’s hanging free-kick – only needed a touch in the middle but Rangers cleared behind and the corner came to nothing.

Wrexham enjoyed more possession in the second-half, but Michael Chambers headed wide from Redmond’s 53rd-minute free-kick.

The Dragons were also unable to make a string of corners count, before Keates brought Jake Bickerstaff on for Robinson-Murray on the hour.

Jazzi Barnum-Bobb crossed for Oswell on 67 minutes, after a good run from Beaumont, but the Wrexham striker headed over.

Rangers doubled their lead against the run of play, however – Young-Coombes following in from close range after Dibble spilled Barjonas’ shot on 71 minutes.

From the kick-off, McIntosh had a long-range effort but Wright gathered the dipping effort.

Callum Huxley replaced Jones on 80 minutes as Dean Keates switched to an attacking formation.

It was Rangers who finished on top, however, as Flanagan fed Arron Lyall on 86 minutes but Dibble parried clear.

Two minutes later, Kennedy found space on the edge of the box but Dibble saved easily.

Hit hard by the sucker punch of the second goal, however, the Dragons could not find a way back into the game and it will be Rangers Colts advancing to the semi-finals.

Rangers Colts: (4-2-3-1): Wright, Patterson (Young-Coombes 31), Edmundson, Breen, Flanagan, Mayo, Barjonas, Maxwell, Dickson (Butterworth 87), Kennedy, Atakayi (Lyall 76).
Subs not used:  Budinauckas, Williamson, O’Connor, Miller

Wrexham: (4-3-3): Dibble, Barnum-Bobb, Tharme, Chambers, Beaumont, Cleworth, Jones (Huxley 80), Redmond, McIntosh, Oswell, Robinson-Murray (Bickerstaff 60)
Subs not used: Szczepaniak, Humphreys, Parry, Nash

Referee: Shane Andrews
Attendance: TBC
Away: TBC

Bookings -
Wrexham: Barnum-Bobb (64, foul), Beaumont (75, foul)

Rangers Colts: Barjonas (90+3, foul)

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

this listening to football on the tranny is murder.  Thank fuck I was born in the era of live sports.

1-0 the young bears

Tranny used to be the only way for most sports ,

Even remember staying up to listen to Frank Bruno v Tyson on the radio 😂😂

This will sound totally caveman but when I moved to London I used to get my old man to call me and put his phone next to the radio if the bears were on live, and me and my two mates were on the other end of it listening to the match, I don't even think it was a speakerphone so the three bears heads were stuck together, Fred and Barney right enough.

Thought we were comfortable they had a decent spell after HT. Thought Patterson was the best player on the park til he went off their number 12 was lucky to stay on didn't even get booked for it. Expected a harder game but they had a young team out. 

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

This will sound totally caveman but when I moved to London I used to get my old man to call me and put his phone next to the radio if the bears were on live, and me and my two mates were on the other end of it listening to the match, I don't even think it was a speakerphone so the three bears heads were stuck together, Fred and Barney right enough.

Must've been torture that. Especially with the blitz going on around you.

Archived