Livorno 2-3 Rangers

coopsleftboot

31 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was talking to a guy about this a few months ago. Only euro trip he has done. Said he is still drying off from it 😂 

Lookie lookie guys were selling umbrellas that fell apart after 5 minutes. Livorno fans unveiled a banner calling us Slaves of the Queen (they make Stalin look like Boris), one of them tried to take a banner from the segregation fence and was promptly knocked out. We played brilliantly, cuffed them and to top it off was the sight of Big Amo dancing in the rain in front of the Bears at the final whistle. Despite being half drowned, a good night finished off by a right good swally back in Pisa.

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

The only time a Scottish team has won in Italy...under the wonderful PLG.

Think we can safely see that achievement remain in the "unique" category.

It will for us 

The scum will win tomorrow I think .Strong feeling they will spawn a win in Rome 

I remember turning on the radio for that game,  and us losing the first goal and feeling was we would never be the same again. Seriously.  One of the few times I have been totally depressed before or during a game. 

Reasons were it was during the low points of the Le Guen era, and the team were failing off the park and disintegrating on the park .And  we no longer had the team of huge international players we had been spoilt with in previous years. As for Scottish football in general , it was already well down a huge  downward spiral of mediocrity with no sign of an upturn. 

I believed that we would be stuck in this for decades, with no chance of a great European team or finals. Hearing that a Scots team had never won in Italy came as a surprise, but just made it worse. 

Then we gave away a dodgy penalty  to go 1-0 down away in Italy, that was the low point.     

But  it all changed with Adams volley, and a penalty and I was ecstatic as we ran out 3-2 winners. Things certainly changed for the better as almost unbelievably two years later we were again in a European final. 

Really looking forward to the next time we meet Italian opposition with Gerrard in charge. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

I remember turning on the radio for that game,  and us losing the first goal and feeling was we would never be the same again. Seriously.  One of the few times I have been totally depressed before or during a game. 

Reasons were it was during the low points of the Le Guen era, and the team were failing off the park and disintegrating on the park .And  we no longer had the team of huge international players we had been spoilt with in previous years. As for Scottish football in general , it was already well down a huge  downward spiral of mediocrity with no sign of an upturn. 

I believed that we would be stuck in this for decades, with no chance of a great European team or finals. Hearing that a Scots team had never won in Italy came as a surprise, but just made it worse. 

Then we gave away a dodgy penalty  to go 1-0 down away in Italy, that was the low point.     

But  it all changed with Adams volley, and a penalty and I was ecstatic as we ran out 3-2 winners. Things certainly changed for the better as almost unbelievably two years later we were again in a European final. 

Really looking forward to the next time we meet Italian opposition with Gerrard in charge. 

We never went behind once 

Archived