26 games in Europe under Gerrard

beararse

While I think it's impressive, I don't think it is as impressive as some of us make out given the obscene number of qualifying rounds we have had to play. 

For me our outstanding stat is we haven't lost at home in Europe under Stevie G, especially the clean sheets against Porto, Legia, Feyernood, Villareal, Spartak and Ufa. Teams should be very nervous playing us, especially at Ibrox. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

And never lost to Rapid either . That was just gutting as they were pish .

And then Young boys . ffs it could easily be 30 straight without loss

To balance that argument, I'm struggling to think of a game we were fortunate not to lose, Maybe last night at a push, But even then we were the more clinical team, 

7 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Without being too deluded I think we can get as far as the quarters this year

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t get to the round of 16.

Weve just beaten last seasons Champions League quarter finalists. While they did have an easy group they still were good value against Roma in the first knock out round. Yes, they have lost Felipe, Militao and Herrera but they have signed over €58m worth of players this summer.

Toughest part is getting out the group stages.

In the past we have seen Rangers teams with better players perform much worse in Europe so Gerrard and his team really are making the difference here.

European competition is in the DNA of these Liverpool guys and they just know how to set the team up for these games

6 hours ago, Chosen_One said:

While I think it's impressive, I don't think it is as impressive as some of us make out given the obscene number of qualifying rounds we have had to play. 

For me our outstanding stat is we haven't lost at home in Europe under Stevie G, especially the clean sheets against Porto, Legia, Feyernood, Villareal, Spartak and Ufa. Teams should be very nervous playing us, especially at Ibrox. 

Some folk are hard to please 🙂

Before Gerrard’s arrival we got pumped out of Europe by a team of part timers from Luxembourg in the first qualifying round.

Even if Gerrard had inherited a team that had qualified for the group stages, 3 losses in 26 games would be some record.

To achieve those figures from the state the club was left in courtesy of Caixinha and Murty is, quite frankly, astonishing.

Like many, I had doubts  when Gerrard was appointed, due to his lack of experience.  However, he has transformed the club to the point where it is believable that we could win a league title (that was out of the question before he arrived), and as far as Europe is concerned, I don't believe that any other manager would have produced this sequence of results over two seasons.  

3 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Like many, I had doubts  when Gerrard was appointed, due to his lack of experience.  However, he has transformed the club to the point where it is believable that we could win a league title (that was out of the question before he arrived), and as far as Europe is concerned, I don't believe that any other manager would have produced this sequence of results over two seasons.  

The board took a big gamble with the appointment but Gerrard's been great.  The difference between now, and before he took over, is incredible.  We need to keep him here at Ibrox for as long as we can.  

7 hours ago, beararse said:

Some folk are hard to please 🙂

Before Gerrard’s arrival we got pumped out of Europe by a team of part timers from Luxembourg in the first qualifying round.

Even if Gerrard had inherited a team that had qualified for the group stages, 3 losses in 26 games would be some record.

To achieve those figures from the state the club was left in courtesy of Caixinha and Murty is, quite frankly, astonishing.

Hardly, I even said it was impressive, just not as much as some on here would have you believe. 16 of those games were qualifiers... 

The calibre of team we have played in the groups the past 2 seasons is far above anyone we played in qualifiers. 10 games, 3L, 4D, 3W.

3 minutes ago, Chosen_One said:

Hardly, I even said it was impressive, just not as much as some on here would have you believe. 16 of those games were qualifiers... 

The calibre of team we have played in the groups the past 2 seasons is far above anyone we played in qualifiers. 10 games, 3L, 4D, 3W.

Maribor are arguably better than two of the sides we had in our group last season, Osijek weren't a bad side, Warsaw were difficult and midjtyland were no mugs 

It's hardly mypa-47, gi gotu or some other shite. 

29 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Maribor are arguably better than two of the sides we had in our group last season, Osijek weren't a bad side, Warsaw were difficult and midjtyland were no mugs 

Don't be slagging @johanhentzes local team, he'll have your balls for that! Probably go and cook them in some viking stew as well :lol:

3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Don't be slagging @johanhentzes local team, he'll have your balls for that! Probably go and cook them in some viking stew as well :lol:

Whilst they are not my local team (ÍF Fuglafjørður is 😉 ) they are from the next village.. population around 700. My uncle played against Rangers back then 🙂 

Just now, johanhentze said:

Whilst they are not my local team (ÍF Fuglafjørður is 😉 ) they are from the next village.. population around 700. My uncle played against Rangers back then 🙂 

Local enough and we did watch IF at GIs ground...

26 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Legia are nowhere near the side they were years ago. Osijek fairly average. According to Midgtyland fans they have been in free fall the last couple of years. Maribor wouldn't look out of place in our groups, I'll give you that. Teams like Progrès, St Joseph's, Skupi etc are free wins. 

Being competitive in our group last year was impressive. Our group this year has 2 teams of genuine quality and a decent team in Feyernood. To be 1 game away from qualification, against our weakest opponent in the group is so much more impressive than a statline bloated from teams like Progrès. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Villarreal away and Ufa we rode our luck.

Our results have been exceptional.

Forgetting about Villarreal there ,But for me the UFA game the ref robbed us,the 2 red cards were extremely harsh ,watched a good few games since and saw players deliberately kick the ball and no card ,Morelos got a yellow for kicking the ball in his stride 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Progres knocked out Qarabag less than a year after they drew home and away to Atletico Madrid.

Can't put them in same category as St Joseph's and Shkupi. 

Fair. But I wouldn't put them in the same tier as us. The teams we have drawn in the groups though have arguably been a tier above us on paper, but we haven't looked out of place in any game. 

41 minutes ago, Chosen_One said:

Legia are nowhere near the side they were years ago. Osijek fairly average. According to Midgtyland fans they have been in free fall the last couple of years. Maribor wouldn't look out of place in our groups, I'll give you that. Teams like Progrès, St Joseph's, Skupi etc are free wins. 

Being competitive in our group last year was impressive. Our group this year has 2 teams of genuine quality and a decent team in Feyernood. To be 1 game away from qualification, against our weakest opponent in the group is so much more impressive than a statline bloated from teams like Progrès. 

In free fall at the top of their table. Wish we were in that much free fall

47 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

In free fall at the top of their table. Wish we were in that much free fall

According to their fans on the European stage they have been ever since they got the result against Man U. Lot of them saying EL2 will be their level when it starts. 

2 hours ago, Chosen_One said:

According to Midgtyland fans they have been in free fall the last couple of years

Eh?

Theyre currently four points clear at the top of their league.

They must be harder to please than you 🙂

41 minutes ago, Chosen_One said:

According to their fans on the European stage they have been ever since they got the result against Man U. Lot of them saying EL2 will be their level when it starts. 

Fans will always be highly critical of their own team.. I watch Danish football and they are definitely EL level. They are top of the league, ahead of FCK who sit top of their group in the EL.

Archived