Connor Goldson

nik2402

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:38, bluenoz said:

He is nothing like Big Amo but I believe he gets it too tight on here at times.

Absolutely nothing like a guy that bullied the beggars players all over the shop . And won us Doubles and Trebles

Potential is there though if he can sort out his attacking headers , which are dreadful

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Apart from the long passes that went straight to our players feet.

He was definitely off with these earlier in the season, but the last 8-10 games he has been really consistent with his long balls. They're actually now a threat opposition teams need to consider as we're able to mix it up by going more direct if we need to. 

2 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Apart from the long passes that went straight to our players feet.

Not many most ran out of play as he never angles a pass was noticeable yesterday and already mentioned in the thread.

5 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He was definitely off with these earlier in the season, but the last 8-10 games he has been really consistent with his long balls. They're actually now a threat opposition teams need to consider as we're able to mix it up by going more direct if we need to. 

100%!

I was coming in here to praise how good his long passing has been, only to find that someone is criticising them haha

The last 3 games against Hearts, Porto and Livi his passing has been brilliant, there was a FK in the 1st half where he pinged it right to Morelos foot on the right wing, amazing ball!

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Not many most ran out of play as he never angles a pass was noticeable yesterday and already mentioned in the thread.

I mean, that's just not true. Our first three chances yesterday (Jack, Morelos and Kent) came from his long balls up the park, go watch the highlights on RTV. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/tv/view?it=17974&c=&act=view&r=295436280&www=fast&chk=params

19 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I mean, that's just not true. Our first three chances yesterday (Jack, Morelos and Kent) came from his long balls up the park, go watch the highlights on RTV. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/tv/view?it=17974&c=&act=view&r=295436280&www=fast&chk=params

But just as many went straight out the park I dont need to watch the highlights again I watched the whole game. Its a bit like Tav I think he's one of our best players and makes a great number of assists but I still notice a lot of his crosses hit the first man I dont kid on to myself this does not happen.

We paid 3M for Goldson and that's what we have. A 3M centre back.

I would argue that Hellander at 3.5M is the better player. Between them they are racking up  quite a number of clean sheets so barring injury or suspension they have become 2 of the first names on the team sheet.

Katic and Edmunston are younger but both will have a roll to play over the course of the season.

What a change from the recent past where centre defense was a complete shambles.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

We paid 3M for Goldson and that's what we have. A 3M centre back.

I would argue that Hellander at 3.5M is the better player. Between them they are racking up  quite a number of clean sheets so barring injury or suspension they have become 2 of the first names on the team sheet.

Katic and Edmunston are younger but both will have a roll to play over the course of the season.

What a change from the recent past where centre defense was a complete shambles.

I think Goldson and Helander work well together and the inclusion of Helander has also helped Barisic and I'm a big Katic supporter and was concerned about Helmander play early on at us.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

But just as many went straight out the park I dont need to watch the highlights again I watched the whole game. Its a bit like Tav I think he's one of our best players and makes a great number of assists but I still notice a lot of his crosses hit the first man I dont kid on to myself this does not happen.

I agree with you about Tav, but that in no way justifies your point about Goldson. 

You're saying 'most ran out of play' - I've just shown you three which didn't and there were more, but let's say there weren't - you're telling me Goldson punted (minimum) four passes out the park yesterday?  

I've been critical of him in the past but I think credit where it's due that he's massively improved this part of his game in recent weeks. 

31 minutes ago, Smile said:

If you're expecting faultless footballers playing in the SPL, or in any league in fact, you're delusional tbh.

Goldson is more than good enough for our level.

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I agree with you about Tav, but that in no way justifies your point about Goldson. 

You're saying 'most ran out of play' - I've just shown you three which didn't and there were more, but let's say there weren't - you're telling me Goldson punted (minimum) four passes out the park yesterday?  

I've been critical of him in the past but I think credit where it's due that he's massively improved this part of his game in recent weeks. 

You seem to be more trying to prove a point against me as other posters also pointed this out without the need for you to quote them, as I said I watched the whole game not highlights and thought he made a lot of poor passes that ran out some didn't but I was talking about the ones that ran out, I'd also expect at the very least he could make some good passes as well which he did a thing I also do not need pointed out as I watched the whole game. 

If you feel you have been critical of him in the past that's a problem you need to address.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

If you're expecting faultless footballers playing in the SPL, or in any league in fact, you're delusional tbh.

Goldson is more than good enough for our level.

Did anyone say they wanted faultless footballers I didn't see that anywhere in my comments?

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

You seem to be more trying to prove a point against me as other posters also pointed this out without the need for you to quote them, as I said I watched the whole game not highlights and thought he made a lot of poor passes that ran out some didn't but I was talking about the ones that ran out, I'd also expect at the very least he could make some good passes as well which he did a thing I also do not need pointed out as I watched the whole game. 

If you feel you have been critical of him in the past that's a problem you need to address.

He didnt make a lot of poor passes though...

The fact that so many people have commented praising his passing, the number of quality long passes in particular, would suggest that his passing wasnt bad yesterday and not in the last few games either.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Did anyone say they wanted faultless footballers I didn't see that anywhere in my comments?

You're picking up on faults that every footballer makes, even ones playing at the highest level, never mind ones who play in the SPL, how else would you describe it?

Just now, Del said:

He didnt make a lot of poor passes though...

The fact that so many people have commented praising his passing, the number of quality long passes in particular, would suggest that his passing wasnt bad yesterday and not in the last few games either.

Watch the game again I'd suggest for you.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Watch the game again I'd suggest for you.

I was at the game and have watched it back once and seen the highlights a number of times.

How many times do you think he passed the ball out of play? Roughly...

Just now, BlueMe said:

You're picking up on faults that every footballer makes, even ones playing at the highest level, never mind ones who play in the SPL, how else would you describe it?

I certainly would not call it expecting Faultless players more constructive criticism.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

No idea why you've taken this so personally. Weird. No need to feel attacked, I was merely replying to a post you'd made, as are many others. 

All I was asking was for you to clarify (or prove) that 'most' of his passes ran out of play, now you're doing some odd back pedalling and getting yourself all tangled up. You 'watching the game' is not evidence that this is true. 

Probably best to leave it there mate, most posters are in agreement that his passing was better yesterday and has improved recently. 

Where is Coleen Rooney when you need her.

Archived