Morelos is our best striker since...

BEE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best overall striker in my fifty years following Rangers is Mols by some distance.

The best natural finisher has to be Negri.

The rest, including McCoist, Prso, Boyd, Stein, Parlane, Johnstone, Hateley, Mo Johnston, Arveladze, Amato etc trail these two (and Morelos) by some distance.

Morelos is definitely getting there.

Mols

loved Prso, Arveladze and more recently Cousin and Jelavic but Morelos I think has surpassed them 

His impact in games like last night is unreal he had zero service all game, ran himself into the ground scored the one half chance he got and then found an assist as well 

A different player to the one who turned up in Glasgow and leads by example with his attitude and application on the pitch 

24 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Mols

loved Prso, Arveladze and more recently Cousin and Jelavic but Morelos I think has surpassed them 

His impact in games like last night is unreal he had zero service all game, ran himself into the ground scored the one half chance he got and then found an assist as well 

A different player to the one who turned up in Glasgow and leads by example with his attitude and application on the pitch 

Morelos is most definitely a better player than Daniel Cousin

The two best strikers I’ve seen play for Rangers are Jelavic and Morelos.  Jelavic was much better in the air but overall Morelos is a better footballer.  

I don’t think guys like Mols, Negri, or Boyd come close for various reasons.  

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

The two best strikers I’ve seen play for Rangers are Jelavic and Morelos.  Jelavic was much better in the air but overall Morelos is a better footballer.  

I don’t think guys like Mols, Negri, or Boyd come close for various reasons.  

Oh bold statement

Not just the striker angle but the best player I've seen for a while, strength, goals, running off the ball, passing, vision, a natural. Keeps it up and we are successful this season and he'll be up there with goal scoring greats the likes of the Millars, Forrests, Steins, McCoists and Johnstone's, remembered forever.

31 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Not just the striker angle but the best player I've seen for a while, strength, goals, running off the ball, passing, vision, a natural. Keeps it up and we are successful this season and he'll be up there with goal scoring greats the likes of the Millars, Forrests, Steins, McCoists and Johnstone's, remembered forever.

I agree on the passing bit, mate. See when he plays a pass, it's always the right weight on the pass required for the situation. Look at the pace and accuracy for the assist that led to Helanders goal at the weekend as a prime example.

Archived